SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

4,492 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2019 at 6:22 PM, Double_D said:

Dayum bro, you know how to cook you know how to fish, you shave your legs and slip on some red high heel pumps wild horses couldn't hold me back!

Eewwwwww!

10 hours ago, telecronista said:

You went to college?

Note how I said years, it was darn near a decade and I could have stayed longer. New slew of nanny every semester, the freshman get younger as you get older, drink all the time, get any drug imaginable within a mile, show up to class and do no work and still pass somehow. Good times! 

Related image

Posted (edited) · Report post

Caught this possum this morning...well I guess my dog did. Guess it is better than a skunk, right? I think it wandered into his kennel, being an adolescent and not knowing any better. When my dog saw it he attacked, it played dead and then I think fell asleep there. My dog circled and circled sniffing it  (as you can tell by the drool drip ring around the possum pictured) & then figuring threat defeated also went to sleep, found them both snoring in the morning. 

IMG_5927.JPG

IMG_5926.JPG

Edited by Linesideslayer

Have been fishing hard since I got to the West Coast and finally connected with my first two surf stripers on lures this weekend - feels great to finally crack the code!

Have to work hard for the beach fish on this coast but they’re out there.  Pic of the larger fish (plus bonus rockfish) attached.

940684E3-3E95-4682-8CC6-D26B6B640C90.jpeg

EA925659-613C-4D10-9ACE-4FFFEE99E4BA.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

All I can say is that I’m really happy Winch made it to the fling and wasn’t sidelined with a birthday party!

I’ve had a few productive days including this one right at 30”

3253E639-424C-4E41-B860-1D9318940866.jpeg

And then a couple of days later had three in about 30 min with this one being the largest,

3CFA1447-EBCE-4024-A924-3F616E510F64.jpeg

The best part, all top water, all on the little 4 inch popper I picked up from Winch at the fling.

Winch, that thing’s DA BOMB!

Edited by Alferd Packer

8 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

All I can say is that I’m really happy Winch made it to the fling and wasn’t sidelined with a birthday party!

And then a couple of days later had three in about 30 min with this one being the largest,

The best part, all top water, all on the little 4 inch popper I picked up from Winch at the fling.

Those smaller Winch poppers have been golden.  Congrats! 

15 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

way to go man--sweet fish right there. the tug is the drug.

On 8/18/2019 at 10:10 PM, StripeDoc said:

Have been fishing hard since I got to the West Coast and finally connected with my first two surf stripers on lures this weekend - feels great to finally crack the code!

Have to work hard for the beach fish on this coast but they’re out there.  Pic of the larger fish (plus bonus rockfish) attached.

940684E3-3E95-4682-8CC6-D26B6B640C90.jpeg

EA925659-613C-4D10-9ACE-4FFFEE99E4BA.jpeg

congratulations--its all downhill from here. good luck keeping your jobs and relationships intact!

On 8/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, outsideisfr33 said:

CPR. It’s that softail wiggle that gets them like a cat. Thankful for another beaut on a softail pikie! 

8A1BE6B4-85F7-4743-8A6F-BA34514E6C99.jpeg

I thought I'm the only one that has that metal lip.....Nice one!

Hit the spot I have been fishing the last couple days before work and had 3 fish literally on 3 consecutive casts . Had to take this one home as it was bleeding bad... 

Work and life schedule will not get me back out there until early next week.

IMG_1765.jpg

34 mins ago, Haywardstriper said:

Hit the spot I have been fishing the last couple days before work and had 3 fish literally on 3 consecutive casts . Had to take this one home as it was bleeding bad... 

Work and life schedule will not get me back out there until early next week.

IMG_1765.jpg

hey aren't you the guy who was starting to get frustrated by skunkage? not no more, it seems.

1 hour ago, Uncle Stu said:

hey aren't you the guy who was starting to get frustrated by skunkage? not no more, it seems.

That was me until I met Chris and put his magic lures in my bag. Never in my life have I had 3 consecutive hook ups and fish but his stuff is truly a blessing and made it fun. Thanks Winch!