SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

4,492 posts in this topic

19 mins ago, ghostfish slayer said:

Not only did I catch today but I caught alll week . 2 decent topwater bass over 30 inches, a couple smaller, a Hali and limits of salmon 2 days.. .  

Now that’s a good week!

>>Friday’s rain got some humpies moving into the sound out of the straits.

Fun bycatch while waiting for the ocean coho to start showing.

SF

Nice! Even a humpie tastes good when silver like that. 

Got a couple nice eatn size fish yesterday morning so decided to cook some up for dinner before heading out to fish this evening. Made these one's BBQ Grilled Blackened Striper with Avacado Mango Lime pico de gallo white rice and castroville steamed whole artichokes. My kid doesn't like pico de gallo or blackened seasoning, so his was plain jane with lemon avacado mango on the side. Yum! 

IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

4 hours ago, Uncle Stu said:

>>Friday’s rain got some humpies moving into the sound out of the straits.

Fun bycatch while waiting for the ocean coho to start showing.

SF

Nice! Even a humpie tastes good when silver like that. 

Stu,

Though I catch a good number of them, I haven’t kept a humpy in years.

They are just too hard to keep fresh if you are fishing for a number of hours on the beach even if cleaned. I don’t like hiking back to the rig to put them on ice so they don’t get mushy.

I see some folks let them lay on the beach for a few hours covered with sand panko or getting a sunburn.

I’ll pass on that meal.....;)

SF

Posted (edited) · Report post

My PB striper on fly from the beach, 30" Central Coast. Fly: Second  Breakfast. She was gently released to go breed future generations. 

IMG_20190811_134045_251.jpg

IMG_20180629_193030_314.jpg

Edited by Uncle Stu

Percy again with the Metal Lip monsters, I have been practicing that high stick twitch, surface gurgle move you were teaching me at the Fling, but still no takers yet.

Stew impressive fish on the fly! Bet that was a whip stick bender? take you into the backing?

Edited by Linesideslayer

5 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Stew impressive fish on the fly! Bet that was a whip stick bender? take you into the backing?

Thanks. My best fish off the beach in over 20 yrs fishing around here. You bet, I was bent double and the spinning spool was busting my knuckles. I kept her on the fly line but it got tangled from backlash on the reel. I was concerned, but managed to bury the tangle as I gained line. I has just lost a bass on the previous cast after a brief fight, then I immediately cast to the same spot and hooked right up. 

On 8/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, Linesideslayer said:

Got a couple nice eatn size fish yesterday morning so decided to cook some up for dinner before heading out to fish this evening. Made these one's BBQ Grilled Blackened Striper with Avacado Mango Lime pico de gallo white rice and castroville steamed whole artichokes. My kid doesn't like pico de gallo or blackened seasoning, so his was plain jane with lemon avacado mango on the side. Yum! 

IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

Dayum bro, you know how to cook you know how to fish, you shave your legs and slip on some red high heel pumps wild horses couldn't hold me back!

Edited by Double_D

On 8/13/2019 at 6:22 PM, Double_D said:

Dayum bro, you know how to cook you know how to fish, you shave your legs and slip on some red high heel pumps wild horses couldn't hold me back!

Plan B - after a fed up Linesides throws hot grits on you.

15658423696132528296505819438543_265336046038037.jpg

Met the man himself at Pebble Beach while working there. Remember the black hawk flying over with a sniper hanging out and thinking what celeb is here, turned out to be slick Willy. He was having a cigar, this was pre-Lewinsky scandal, so could have been pre-dipped in the honey pot? The 2 some behind him wanted to join him for the last two holes 17 & 18 on Pebble, but Secret Service was not allowing it. I miss fishing the private dock there in Stillwater cove after work every day, lingcod, cabezon & rockfish with the occasional leopard shark good times in the college years.