5 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

EAT! FISH! SLEEP!  

Kid at it again. 

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

Does he guide surf fishing trips? I couldn't find a fish to save my life.

3 hours ago, ghostfish slayer said:

Brossi..  I would love to stomp the areas with you during steelhead season..my first favorite fish. All the rest just fill the void and shuffle durinf season.. 

Yeah we'll absolutely have to do it! I feel the same way. All fishing is fun but nothing compares to steelhead.

9 hours ago, BRossi said:

Does he guide surf fishing trips? I couldn't find a fish to save my life.

He does but you have to drive while he sleeps on the way to McDonalds Bacon Biscuit breakfast that you are buying, he picks the spot and will then tell you its your fault the fish are not there but if the fish are there he chose wisely and will gloat about it, you have to haul all the gear and any fish caught on your back along with his sand toys, snacks, drinks, stuffed animal, beach towel, change of clothes, etc. You do the casting, but then he will take care of the rest including popping them right on there. I made his cast, he hooked the first one, I get it off, go bleed it, get it in the bag, look up and he is already into another one on his own cast! I didn't have a chance...I did hook one up but lost it, which he gave me an ear full, then you have to drive him home while he sleeps some more. Good surf fishing guide!!! I asked him what he would charge? a million dollars BRossi! 

Two weeks ago I got an invite to out with albycor on his boat with my good buddy Pat Kuhl and our friend Joe. Amazingly enough the wife gave me the green light so I jumped on the chance to see if I could remember how to use a rod and reel. ; p

We headed south cuz conditions were good and we found a ton of quality Reds, Coppers and Olives and then got into a BIG school of Widows up shallow...these fish were a BLAST to catch and fought hard and every time the jig got down to 25/30 feet it would get slammed...super fun!! I've never even seen a Widow before let alone catch em until my arms were sore.

We tried hard for Lings but no luck...weird but still a great day with awesome people, was fun to pull on fish all day, and was cool to finally meet albycor in person after texting with him for several years. : )

PatJoeAlbycor.jpg.39859b65287bc2b804b2b00d2eeca7bb.jpg

FishBox.jpg.616796c4cd4c6a26632d4b0d6d56b3cc.jpg

I had to leave the next day for a family trip to Mexico so let albycor's family keep my share of the fish and spent the next week gaining weight and catching a buzz. ; p

Pozole.jpg.f4158cbb702b261adfe8ff49135d5642.jpg

TamalRanchero.jpg.57d271939e2a334cf80f9c8799f4c99b.jpg

Once I got back home I was itching to get back in the water so snuck out the other night and even though there was a ton of bait around I saw very few halibut and feel lucky I managed to get a chunky 28.5 incher...

28for2019.jpg.fff5a6f0bdd1af0b3d14a8ee39fa809c.jpg

If forecast holds hoping to get up to Marin County soon to try my luck up there before it gets any later (sharkier) in the year.

Sincerely,

Jim

Posted (edited) · Report post

30 mins ago, Linesideslayer said:

He does but you have to drive while he sleeps on the way to McDonalds Bacon Biscuit breakfast that you are buying, he picks the spot and will then tell you its your fault the fish are not there but if the fish are there he chose wisely and will gloat about it, you have to haul all the gear and any fish caught on your back along with his sand toys, snacks, drinks, stuffed animal, beach towel, change of clothes, etc. You do the casting, but then he will take care of the rest including popping them right on there. I made his cast, he hooked the first one, I get it off, go bleed it, get it in the bag, look up and he is already into another one on his own cast! I didn't have a chance...I did hook one up but lost it, which he gave me an ear full, then you have to drive him home while he sleeps some more. Good surf fishing guide!!! I asked him what he would charge? a million dollars BRossi! 

Hahaha that's hilarious! Awesome that he got one all on his own too. If you asked my friends what it's like to fish with me they would probably give a similar description lol. I'm glad you two are out there wackin some fish together. If I win the lottery he's hired!

Edited by BRossi

20 hours ago, BRossi said:

Yeah we'll absolutely have to do it! I feel the same way. All fishing is fun but nothing compares to steelhead.

I’m still alive you know :(

Friday’s rain got some humpies moving into the sound out of the straits.

Fun bycatch while waiting for the ocean coho to start showing.

SF

65B01861-4110-4623-A5FA-12896C1150FA.jpeg

Edited by Stonefish

Tried to get back into surf fishing last year but only got out a handful of times with no results. Gone three times this season and got my first striper off the surf in 20 years. Felt good to get the monkey off my back hope to catch many more. BTW safely released. 

09E68C31-C1E8-4100-98F9-4F857B0C42CD.jpeg

Edited by Food