SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

4,492 posts in this topic

Got a couple new winch pencils in close to 3 oz.. today. the big white crackle got a chunky 30 incher .. tried to get a pic but my camera wouldn't work on my phone in time to get the fish back in the water.. 

On 7/14/2019 at 6:08 PM, Mike Fixter said:

Moocks feeling good about himself after releasing a good sized cow,   but now has his eyes on a young bull................

P4100576.JPG

P4100578.JPG

Lmaooo

1.5 Day trip aboard Pacific Queen out of fishermans landing in San Diego. Drove down the morning after the fling and boarded that night. Fishing wise we found foamers of peanut yellowfin tuna feeding on small anchovy. Picked away at them for 28 fish for 34 passenger. Most bit jigs, poppers, stickbaits casted from the bow. Willie bonked 5, I bonked 1. Late afternoon the bluefin started the show and we got on a school that stayed with us. Put 18 on deck and some lost opportunities. Willie and I both decked a fish. They are 80-90lb class bluefin tuna. flylined sardine 50lb line.

20190722_171754[1].jpg

20190722_195658[1].jpg

willie tuna.PNG

On 7/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, salmonneed help said:

1.5 Day trip aboard Pacific Queen out of fishermans landing in San Diego. Drove down the morning after the fling and boarded that night. Fishing wise we found foamers of peanut yellowfin tuna feeding on small anchovy. Picked away at them for 28 fish for 34 passenger. Most bit jigs, poppers, stickbaits casted from the bow. Willie bonked 5, I bonked 1. Late afternoon the bluefin started the show and we got on a school that stayed with us. Put 18 on deck and some lost opportunities. Willie and I both decked a fish. They are 80-90lb class bluefin tuna. flylined sardine 50lb line.

20190722_171754[1].jpg

20190722_195658[1].jpg

willie tuna.PNG

Way to go. What an awesome trip. Drooling.