SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,235 posts in this topic

They don't care.. I get worse wounds once a week at the shop.. I got a 1/2 inch long 1/4 inch deep ss drill shaving hand vagina 2 weeks ago that my co worker super glued for me... It took 3 days of super glue before it stopped bleeding.. 

Tried just about every jig I had this morning going for a striper, but came up empty.  Switched to a Carolina Rig and caught a perch on each of the first 3 casts using sand crabs, including my first ever red tail.  I released it even though it was >10.5" and also released the 14.5" female barred that followed it.  I kept an 11" male barred later to give to my mom because I still feel guilty about that 20+" striper from a couple months ago that I released instead of bringing it to her.

2mZ684k.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 11:07 PM, ghostfish slayer said:

They don't care.. I get worse wounds once a week at the shop.. I got a 1/2 inch long 1/4 inch deep ss drill shaving hand vagina 2 weeks ago that my co worker super glued for me... It took 3 days of super glue before it stopped bleeding.. 

Pro tip, a piece of tyvek from a white suit glued on with super glue makes a nice butterfly. I've even used a piece of cotton sheet. Last time I gave myself a good one it was midnight and even though it definitely needed stitches I didn't feel like the nighttime ER scene, and by the time I went, they refused to suture it!  Came out one of the cleanest scars I have.

"hand vagina", that one's new to me!  Had my share of swarf cuts though. Best is when the lathe chuck picks up a wad and whips it around.

2 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

Best I could manage was a 32" Badger on a white buck tail with white worm curly tail

decoys 470.jpg

That is really nice, Mike! I mean REALLY nice! Like Mr. Do-Bee nice!

And where the **** did that come from?

4 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

Best I could manage was a 32" Badger on a white buck tail with white worm curly tail

decoys 470.jpg

Hope you saved the pelt.  Might be able to make some interesting jigs out or the tail.:)

9 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

I heard NorCalKat landed a  33 1/8"  SKUNK on one of his custom spooks.:p

A skunk?  A cow Mike , a cow.....:laugh:

AC71C3ED-4F3F-4F6E-A69A-5FB06748B199.jpeg