SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

4,275 posts in this topic

I guess it's Tuesday.. work gets in the way of fishing but I did kill more salmon Saturday.. the ocean was not very friendly. Wx radio called for 5 feet at 9 seconds it was more like 6/7  at 6 seconds. Super steep and tripple stacked.  boat had issues,,, lost some gear..  made it home safe with fish..

Watched my Halco redhead popper get engulfed by this 36 inch beast last night. Nothing beats a topwater smash by a big fish. She is back out there swimming...

0612191959.jpg

8 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Watched my Halco redhead popper get engulfed by this 36 inch beast last night. Nothing beats a topwater smash by a big fish. She is back out there swimming...

I'm so jealous. Nothing down here this summer but lots of small perch. Way to go man!

On 6/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, BigJimSpearo said:

5cf8038a292e6_9and10.jpg.8c7f00b40771fd315729e5e8beeab3d3.jpg

Weird seeing them mirror images! East Coast fluke don't swing both ways!  But I found this explanation:

But in the left-eyed California halibut (Paralicythys californicus), up to 40% of the individuals are right-eyed. Perhaps right-eyed species are stricter than left-eyed species.

16 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

0612191959.jpg

I have a Halco popper in my bag a lot of times. I guess I’d better give it a try!

7 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

Nice fish man. Good job! You even kept them pretty with not much scale loss.... what kinda bag do you have on your net? 

I think the crew stay at the bar to long the night before lol

I use a promar promesh net.  The fish lost scales bc my brother was taking pics and he was banging them around.  Usually can have almost no scale loss.

Last two dives produced a chunky 28 inch butt and a heartbreak of a miss at a big school of stripers.

Number12.jpg.d67a9775c4af7793351f55321b1033c5.jpg

StriperSchool.jpg.72ffe6e9350367f28ad8a4212e1e09cc.jpg

Totally flinched and blew the shot...buck fever I guess? : (

6 hours ago, BigJimSpearo said:

Last two dives produced a chunky 28 inch butt and a heartbreak of a miss at a big school of stripers.

Number12.jpg.d67a9775c4af7793351f55321b1033c5.jpg

StriperSchool.jpg.72ffe6e9350367f28ad8a4212e1e09cc.jpg

Totally flinched and blew the shot...buck fever I guess? : (

Nice hali! And what a great shot of the stripers, they're beauties. I think what happened is they had you dazzled and you froze up :)