SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,200 posts in this topic

Have been putting in some time staring at sand last week or so after work...one keeper butt and one tasty Diamond Turbot so far...

Water seems to be warming up good so hopefully more and bigger fish will start showing up close soon...

ChunkyTailgate.jpg

ChocolateDippedTail.jpg

TopCut.jpg

Processed.jpg

TurbotSalmon.jpg

It was just an ideal day for fishing today, nice over cast sky not windy, The visibility was crystal clear. The temperature wasn’t hot.   When all that conditions line up right, the chances of hooking up are good. Ended up with a nice halibut.

42519.jpg

>>It was just an ideal day for fishing today, nice over cast sky not windy, The visibility was crystal clear. The temperature wasn’t hot.   When all that conditions line up right, the chances of hooking up are good. Ended up with a nice halibut.

Nice halibut! What did it hit? It was perfect here too, but I got skunked. Too low on the outgoing tide.

21 mins ago, Uncle Stu said:

>>It was just an ideal day for fishing today, nice over cast sky not windy, The visibility was crystal clear. The temperature wasn’t hot.   When all that conditions line up right, the chances of hooking up are good. Ended up with a nice halibut.

Nice halibut! What did it hit? It was perfect here too, but I got skunked. Too low on the outgoing tide.

Hi Stu: I had seen other anglers use kastmaster, hair raiser, even with plastic grub, but i prefer the swimbait. it's a awesome lure.

11 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

Nice fish mark! Is that a cutthroat? 

Thanks!

Yes it is Tbird. And it was a tiny one compared to what the other guys caught. But of course I'm happy to catch anything.

I would be happy with any fish right now lol. I’m going to go in an hour or so till sunset to see if I can get a little stripper...

Mark was that at  pyramid lake? I only been once but I fell in love with that place

Went camping this weekend for opening day of trout fishing. Due to recent heat wave and snow melting like crazy the water was very high with super low visibility (like less than a foot) not ideal conditions & we knew it going in after monitoring the River Flow online for the past few weeks. We still managed a few nice fish once we found a pattern that was working in the high dirty water, took us a full day of trying before we figured 'em out. With the water so high and cold (water Temp was 42 degrees) & with such low visability my neighbor finally resorted to winter steelhead bobber doggin' tactics and started hooking some fish, which in turn got us on some fish. Helps to have friends and family that all know how to fish trying different lures, baits & techniques until you get a pattern to emerge. We released the majority of the fish we caught the big ones over 18" & the smaller ones under 12", but did end up keeping one each mid-sized bow for the grill & delicious dinner. Wild flowers were in full bloom, the ice chest full of cold ones, & warm camp fire at night under the stars, good times. This was also my son's first all man trip no women allowed, he had a great time as you can see! Also note to self; if you try to dry out your wet hiking shoes by a campfire remember that they are there after a few too many beers, "hey you smell rubber burnin?".

DSCN2025.JPG

DSCN2033.JPG

DSCN2032.JPG

IMG_6663.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_7422.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

IMG_6644.GIF

IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_6566.JPG

IMG_6612.jpg