SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

3,924 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, SaltWaterRooky said:

You can Carolina rig or drop shot and reel it in similar to Carolina. 

I use a Carolina rig myself, just like grubbing.

I've seen the bait guys do quite well but I never bait-n-wait... too boring.

I want to try a 1/16 crab fly on a Carolina. Not sure yet. Then there is the dropshot from the casting egg idea. Too many ‘ideas’ and too much pain to actually go fishing. We’ll see. 

On 09/11/2018 at 7:42 AM, telecronista said:

I want to try a 1/16 crab fly on a Carolina. Not sure yet. Then there is the dropshot from the casting egg idea. Too many ‘ideas’ and too much pain to actually go fishing. We’ll see. 

I have tried a fly on a Carolina spin rig and caught a nice size perch. Always wanted to try a casting egg with a striper fly. I feel like stripers look up more than perch do. I think maybe a casting egg not so good for perch since they tend to look for food on the bottom. Just my humble two cents.

telecronista likes this

Took my son out to the dam at dusk for some landlocked linesides. Nothing like some cracker jacks while waiting for a bite. Wait Daddy, I saw the pole move. Oh yeah hoist this monster up for a pic. Then the Norcalkat Release! think this kid is going to earn a plug soon...good times.

DSCN1894.JPG

DSCN1895.JPG

DSCN1898.JPG

DSCN1899.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

Stonefish likes this

57 mins ago, Linesideslayer said:

Took my son out to the dam at dusk for some landlocked linesides. Nothing like some cracker jacks while waiting for a bite. Wait Daddy, I saw the pole move. Oh yeah hoist this monster up for a pic. Then the Norcalkat Release! think this kid is going to earn a plug soon...good times.

DSCN1894.JPG

DSCN1895.JPG

DSCN1898.JPG

DSCN1899.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

Awesome.