Lamiglas 1164=136 2F ratings

Rate this topic

1dozenraw

2-5oz and it was great between 2 1/2-3 1/2. Still a great blank. Saw a couple new in a local shop in the last 6 months

SOL member #17
LIBBA #2310
"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all" - General James Mattis speaking to tribal leaders in Afghanistan.

2-5oz and it was great between 2 1/2-3 1/2. Still a great blank. Saw a couple new in a local shop in the last 6 months

Thanks. I have one cut down and like it. Thought that was the rating and agree with the appraisal you have. Tried it with 1 1/2oz yesterday and it did not load well and that's why I posted. Worked ok... but not great. It's wrapped conventional and I'm not yet an expert going that way... but not bad either. Thanks.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts" Jack Johnson.

I have one made up in conv. but was thinking of making it into a spinning rod . Maybe because it is cut down. is the cut off the tip. That will make it stiffer. I would think a 1 1/2 would cast easy on that rod.

I have one made up in conv. but was thinking of making it into a spinning rod . Maybe because it is cut down. is the cut off the tip. That will make it stiffer. I would think a 1 1/2 would cast easy on that rod.

Tip is stock. Took it out today with my Daiwa SL20SHV and did some practicing with 1 1/2 bucktail and curly worm... into a slight breeze. Did fine... caught 3 shorts and had some fun. I do love this blank.

I have an 1164 blank in my basement. It measures 9'10" long, I believe it was cut from the tip. That measures 1/4 in diameter, would this be correct?

We've been down this road before...

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/835685/old-timers-who-know-glass-blanks-i-have-lami-question

Looking at the bend I would say a 1164 3m, 2f only bends at the top, fast action for plugging. Catolog Sept 1,1970= 1164 is 136'' long= tip .190 = butt 1.060 =weight 14oz= ferrule size 43/64= list price $15.00

Looking at the bend I would say a 1164 3m, 2f only bends at the top, fast action for plugging. Catolog Sept 1,1970= 1164 is 136'' long= tip .190 = butt 1.060 =weight 14oz= ferrule size 43/64= list price $15.00
I have a 3m... Much diferent action and tip size. No spot on a 3M is as small as the tip on this. I think it came down to a 2M or 2F and the 2F seemed to be the consensus.

In my experience, Lami's definition of Fast is not like CTS or Century. To them, M meant you felt it bend under your right had while fighting a fish. F meant about a foot higher. On an 11' blank. The 2F felt stiffer in the butt than the 3M. Awesome blank

SOL member #17
LIBBA #2310
"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all" - General James Mattis speaking to tribal leaders in Afghanistan.

In my experience, Lami's definition of Fast is not like CTS or Century. To them, M meant you felt it bend under your right had while fighting a fish. F meant about a foot higher. On an 11' blank. The 2F felt stiffer in the butt than the 3M. Awesome blank

I had 3 small bass on today... and watched the action on this. Even though the fish were less than keepers, they were in current and the rod bent mostly in the top 1/3 of its length. I've had 2m's and they are parabolic through to the butt. This is not like that.

I had 3 small bass on today... and watched the action on this. Even though the fish were less than keepers, they were in current and the rod bent mostly in the top 1/3 of its length. I've had 2m's and they are parabolic through to the butt. This is not like that.

q

1dozenraw

You got it right that's how they bend

• 4 months later...