STRONGEST LIGHTEST PLUG REEL

Rate this topic

ktow

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktow View Post

That's the reel I ended up going with. Weight-perfect, spool size- excellent (285-290yds of power pro super 8 slick), and has great drag. The only issue I have with the reel itself is I can sometimes feel the gears grinding. That being said, the ssv 4500v is the best reel your getting for the price of $139.

i agree its a nice reel, i have the same one, but is definitely heavier than the shamans of the same size

quantum cabo pt i have the smoked 40 i think it weighs 9oz maybe 10. it has 25 lbs drag used 2 season no problem WITH IT  last year landeed 30 lb bass from surf

you know what.......now that's a nice, light strong ass little reel that packs a nice punch !! Just about 10oz. with line on.......you may have found a front runner here......

Having said that, ssv 4500 is indeed a little tank for surf applications!!

you know what.......now that's a nice, light strong ass little reel that packs a nice punch !! Just about 10oz. with line on.......you may have found a front runner here......

Having said that, ssv 4500 is indeed a little tank for surf applications!!

You know I was at tackle direct last week checking those out. I have to give them a better look. The specs on them are great. 10oz is nothing. Is it able to hold 300yds of 30lb braid?

You know I was at tackle direct last week checking those out. I have to give them a better look. The specs on them are great. 10oz is nothing. Is it able to hold 300yds of 30lb braid?

Yes ! and with a very impressed drag to say the least................That would be a nice capable reel for a 7, 8 or 9 foot light surf tackle setup !!

Stradic.

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Quote:

Final list.

1. Penn spinfisher 4500v

2. Quantum cabo

3. Quantum smoke

4. Shimano stradic

5. Okuma SUCKS

I've never had okumas, just going by the specs. SSV and Cabo are great so is the Slammer or Conquer.

If you can dream it, I can meme it.

The fin-nor lethal looks righteous. I wish they had a 50 size just to have a little more line capacity on there. Let me know how it feels on you 9'er when you give it a try.  I live in monmouth county and the lethal is backordered beyond belief.  If anyone knows where I can check it out in person that would be much appreciated.

I have a FN Leathal 60 Awesome reel.

Quote:

Already bought #1 lol. Wouldn't mind picking up a #2 or #3 for a light 9 foot set up.

I have never had a van staal, but you could get a used Van Staal 150 for around $250-$300 on SOL or eBay.

If you can dream it, I can meme it.