Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brewroom

Talking to fish...

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Particularly when the fishing is slow, I find myself taking to the ocean, as well as the fish that I am not catching, and the few that I do catch, I like to send back with a few words of inticement.

Hey buddy, word is the sand eels are having are party RIGHT HERE tomorrow night!

Hey Junior, C'mon back here with all your friends next year!

You guys suck, I'm going Home!

So do I need a shrink, or what? redface.gif

nah,dude.everyone does it.i catch myself saying something to every fish i release,"hold still you f*!$^#er!","relax,buddy!",and on the big water nights,im often caught red-handed yelling at the ocean"is that all you got b342tch?"after getting creamed,by a big wave on the jetty.relax man your just as sane as me.(uh-oh)yeah,seek help now!

I find myself talking and sometimes yelling at the seagulls. I see them sitting peacefully on the beach, sunbathing or taking a nap, and I think "don't you have anything better to do" ???? why don't you fly around and find me some bait so I can catch a damn fish !!!!

I find myself talking and sometimes yelling at the seagulls. I see them sitting peacefully on the beach, sunbathing or taking a nap, and I think "don't you have anything better to do" ???? why don't you fly around and find me some bait so I can catch a damn fish !!!!

I don't like lazy seagulls either biggrin.gif

I think it's quite normal to talk to the fish and I also do it all the time.

"cmon, look how tassssssty this is you silly striped weasel"

I also cast into fishy looking water and do the 5,4,3,2...cmon you are suppoed to be THERE deal.

I often have quality time with them when unhooking as I try to soothe them and let them know that if they cooperate they are mere seconds from their tasty watery home.

I also tell them that if they utter a word to their buddies about the piece of plastic they just ate that next time we meet up they will be on a plate covered in butter.

You're all nuts! I talk to myself, "what am I stupid to come out in this weather? there's no fish here." "I wonder if they're so and so?""was that a splash or am I just seeing things" etc etc

TOAD LOL!! 5-4-3-2-1- Thats to funny , i thought i was the only one that did that. I do the "count to ten before i reel in and pack up" but i always end up doing it about 10 times (O.K.just one more time) Never thought id tell anyone, so just keep it between us and the other 11,000 people here cool.gif

I talk to my lures as well asking them to look their best while out there.

The funny thing is when you are alone talking to your lures, the ocean or fish and someone walks by they think you are nuts.

I talk to the fish all the time. cwm13.gif The birds who dive at my plugs I curse at eek.gif I find talking to them while I'm unhooking them makes it a bit easier on them, like it relaxes them, I'm thinking of bringing a little radio so I can play them some soft music while I'm unhooking them, then give them a little snack for their ride back to their safe waters. Maybe they'll tell their friends in the water how nice it is to be caught my me and I'll catch more.

cwm27.gif I was talking my arse off this morning, actually beggin for the fish to let me see it.. I actually had two other fisherman talking to the fish that just wouldn't come to the beach. I talk to them all the time.. Usually just singing Fishy Fishy in the brook... You know the rest. cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

LOL - sign me up for the group rate as well HappyWave.gif

I taunt the tog when they start makin' nice with my crab - "Yea, that's a good crab, huh? It's special, just for you...you know you want it...go ahead...there's nobody up here paying attention." They seem to like it smile.gif

The stripers are different, they don't respond well to that same gentle tone that the tog enjoy. When they aren't behaving, they get a much less friendly taunt...something along the lines of "Come on you lazy striped bastages!?! I know that plug/jig/rigged eel looks good now stop staring at it AND JUST EAT IT!?!?!" cwm13.gif I've had mixed results redface.gif

Once subdued, they are always, as Todd does, soothed and kept calm...positive reinforcement that they're gonna be fine, just hold still and lemme get the hooks out...then they can go back and everything will be fine HappyWave.gif

TimS