Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IgotWood

korkers Alumitrax

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

For those who are weary about Korkers wading boots, I have been wearing mine for this entire season and have had no issues so far with them. They fit well, are very comfortable, and the sole have never given me any trouble wading in heavy surf or in some pretty rough stream conditions.

I just recently picked up a pair of their Alumitrax soles and gave them a shot in the Rhode Island rocks the other night. I am very happy with them. They feel like your feet are velcroed to the rocks. I also noted that they are way more comfortable than the normal strap on korkers with the spikes. I was worried that the width and length of the plates would be uncomfortable, but in fact I didn't even know they were there.

If you are wearing Korkers boots, give these soles a try. Despite the very mixed reviews I've heard on Korkers boots, I gave them a try and I am very happy with them.

I never had the soles fall off mine, in fact the felt actually fell off. The sole insert stayed in the boot. But the boots literally fell apart everywhere else before I even had them a full season

"interchangeable" = Fall off at the worst time possible.

I need my boots to do one thing extremely well... not 5 things pretty well.

I agree, and I have heard of this happening before. However, I haven't had any trouble with them yet. I've been wearing them the whole season. I'm not out as often as many others, usually twice a week...but still no trouble. I would certainly feel differently about them if I did have these problems with them. So far, so good. And the rest of the boots are still in great shape after almost a full season. Like I said before, I have heard the horror stories about them, but I gave them a shot anyway and haven't been disappointed yet.

How do these compare to the two studded sole that korkers offers
I have used both the rubber studded and felt studded soles. They were ok. But these soles...they're awesome! I think they're even better than the strap - on korkers with the spikes that we've been wearing for years.

Any trouble with sands in the locking slots?

No. Once the soles are locked in, there really isn't any way for debris to get into the slots. Hasn't been an issue for me so far.

I have used both the rubber studded and felt studded soles. They were ok. But these soles...they're awesome! I think they're even better than the strap - on korkers with the spikes that we've been wearing for years.

Thanks for that.