Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
night shade

Fishing Reports in NJ, October 2014

Rate this topic

962 posts in this topic

A skunking was has this afternoon in somoco. Water looked great, conditions right out of "Striper Fishing for Dummies", boats stacked up outside but no luck. Enjoyed myself immensely.

Spig,

You and Tony had the cajone's to step up and fish today,. Dispite all of the negative infor from Thursday. I hope that Tony did as well. I may skip clamming tomorrow and visit "Heart Attack Beach" in memory of your close call after nailing several large striped bass.

Good on you, my friend.

:lg_smile:

Happiness is a + 30 inch striped bass.

Thanks Bob,

Tony did well. I believe he had 4 bass with the largest about 42 inches.

I know these numbers don't sound great but we are talking about everything happening within a 45 minute time frame.

Was out early this morning and again late afternoon and still walking with the skunk. Water was really looking fishy this afternoon with the NE wind starting to blow. Sure hope it pushes a few fish into southern Monmouth. Will try to break this streak in the morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Spig,

You and Tony had the cajone's to step up and fish today,. Dispite all of the negative infor from Thursday. I hope that Tony did as well. I may skip clamming tomorrow and visit "Heart Attack Beach" in memory of your close call after nailing several large striped bass.

Good on you, my friend.

lg_smile.gif

Happiness is a + 30 inch striped bass.

Hi Bob, one at 42 .5 the other at 39.5, released two other very nice fish then called it quits.

5 to 845AM this morning at the hook. Deader than a door nail. Good wind, good surf, would have bet my life on a great outing. Instead, not a touch. Should have gone further south.

See.... It's OVER!!!!!

TRICK OR TREAT????

First keeper of the fall in OC. 38 inches 21 pounds. She had five 10 inch bunker in her belly. Caught during a mini blitz. Released two others. Caught on a swim shad. Love my Legend and my Torque.

Thanks to he who called me back to the beach as I was going to breakfast. ;)

My only regret is that I had my new Two Hand flyrod broken down and used the spinning rig in the rack in front of my little red wagon to catch these fish.

Lou,

I missed it by a minute yesterday and they were out of range for the fly rod. Made sure I got there first light this morning so there was no chance to miss anything. Got into them good for an hour. Off course they were in range for the Two Hander and I was rigged with spinning gear and when ur in that action if u went back to the truck it would be over. It was a blast watching these fish explode on pencil poppers.