Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Halcyon

St. Croix Triumph TSRS100M2 Review ???

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I'm strongly considering getting this ten foot medium weight surf rod.

Can anyone give me an idea of the quality and overall utility of it.

I'd be fishing it with artificial offerings exclusively along open beaches,

using 30lb braid.

Tight Lines, Rich

I also have one of these. really excellent rod, I've used it with a wide variety of weights, and it throws them all well, even .5 oz bucktails are fine, it seems to really shine in the 2oz range, and I've used it as high as 3.5 with excellent results. I've got 0 complaints and I've fished it hard for a year (minimum 2 trips a week).

I also have one of these. really excellent rod, I've used it with a wide variety of weights, and it throws them all well, even .5 oz bucktails are fine, it seems to really shine in the 2oz range, and I've used it as high as 3.5 with excellent results. I've got 0 complaints and I've fished it hard for a year (minimum 2 trips a week).

^^^What this guy said...

I have it paired with a Battle5000 spooled with 30# PP... I have used it with my Battle4000 spooled with 15# PP for Fluking and it is very light and can cast it all day.

Any bait chucker I use is a less expensive rod.  But I assume any rod is fine for bait.  More expensive rods shine with the artificials.  With bait, I'd go for durability over sensitivity. 

That said, IMPO, St. Croix makes excellent rods made for sensitivity.  Even their least expensive (Triumph) excels over many others.  My opinion.

I have the older version of the triumph and absolutely love it. I fished it very hard and took it everywhere. It’s a great rod for the price.