Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcrane

Verona Lake

5 posts in this topic

My best friends son is getting into fishing. I take him on the surf, but he fishes Verona Pond/Lake constantly. He LOVES it. Taught him a uni-knot a few weeks ago, and he's been practicing ever since!

Does anyone fish here often and can provide some basic tips? I'm fairly clueless when the saltwater is removed from the equation!! (and have only a little more of a clue there!!)

Appreciate any help/feedback/suggestions/tips that I can pass alonb.

Early spring or night best for LMB. I've seen some 3-4lbers in there. Maybe try fishing one of the large golden shiners that live in there.

Fish across the lake from the boat house to the dam. The deepest points. Throw 3 inch Senko's and Kietech. The LMB will hit them on the drop. Best time is early am and 1 hour before sunset. Ive caught bass in there in the 4 lb range. Trout usually die there in the summer. Stricklt put in take out place. The only spot they mite have a chance in the summer is by the golf course were there is running water. You can try to wade in to catch

Awesome guys. Thanks so much. I will grab some stuff for him and pass along the info.

My buddy texted the other day. There was a "sighting" of a huge trout going under the bridge. 2 weeks ago. Got the text and he was out the door on his with bike. Haha.