Reading the water...

Rate this topic

Poppy,

For a while now,not to long though,I thought I could see some of those structures at times.Having never actually had someone with the know how there to tell me I was seeing what I thought I was seeing,had me very confused and feeling lost at times out there.Thank you for finally putting it together,with pictures for us really dumb a--es.

Poppys "Reading the beach" for dummies,is first rate,A one.Thank you for taking the time clapping.gif ,

Jim.....

"All those castles made of sand,return to the sea, eventually" - Jimi

Good read Poppy, took me 2 or 3 years to figure that stuff..... I like seeing water off the apron in the first trough goin vertical where waves converge before running back out.

I end a lot of my sentences with "just saying" because ending the sentence with "DUMB ASS" would probably be considered offensive!
Never get jealous when you see your ex with someone else, remember that you were taught to give your used toys to the less fortunate!

Great post and photos! Have always heard to look for a hole, slough or break in the bar, but never thought too much about the "why" behind it.

That was a great tip about elevation and getting a "read" on the H2O. Back in the lifeguard days I remember wondering why people on rafts would keep getting sucked out- they probably just couldn't see the rip as clearly as we could from 10 ft higher up, they can be very subtle...

Excellent write up Poppy, thanks for taking the time. Wish I saw it before I left for work Wed., got off Thursday morning, loaded up and headed down. Definately would have been an "easy" relaxing beach read, as I sat and waited.

At least I caught some fish, but nest time maybe more.

Thanks again.

Think I may have noticed you a tad south of me and my brother Gary, not sure, but saw two nice stripers and a whopper blue beached Friday morning.