• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 2:17 PM, Birdsnester said:

He is no longer with us?

Who knows. I remember reading his last post years ago...he mentioned the passing of an acquaintance of his and the feeling of loss...and decided to just stop posting. Haven't seen a word from him since. I really miss his stories and advice....perhaps he sensed the coming downturn in striper catches and just felt it was time to retire from the public arena.

Edited by dixiekraut

On 10/28/2021 at 0:47 AM, dixiekraut said:

Who knows. I remember reading his last post years ago...he mentioned the passing of an acquaintance of his and the feeling of loss...and decided to just stop posting. Haven't seen a word from him since. I really miss his stories and advice....perhaps he sensed the coming downturn in striper catches and just felt it was time to retire from the public arena.

He pretty much said that to me over dinner one time.  He also said the internet was ruining the fun in fishing.  Too many idiots spot burning and looking for immediate gratification without putting in the time and effort.   I met him through this site.  He should have written a book.

17 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

He pretty much said that to me over dinner one time.  He also said the internet was ruining the fun in fishing.  Too many idiots spot burning and looking for immediate gratification without putting in the time and effort.   I met him through this site.  He should have written a book.

If he had...I would've bought it. What we have are his numerous posts....if we can still access them.