Reading the water...

Rate this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez2cdave View Post

Go to Google and search for these EXACT terms ( Copy & Paste ) . . . Normally, I would have posted direct links, but SOL doesn't allow that .

(1) "how to read the sea" "fishing" "part 1"

(2) "how to read the sea" "fishing" "part 2"

I was trying to get a good read and learn something myself but you need to be a member of this site to view writing =/

• 3 weeks later...
I have been here less than a week, but I am learning so much. Thank you for this great fishing resource.  - Al

Al,

Welcome to the forum . . . Tight Lines !

Dave

"Fishing is our Handshake, our Language. A Heritage that binds us together. A Passage our fathers took. A Journey that lasts a lifetime, that we have begun again with our sons and daughters." George "Gowge" Pope

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while since I read this, as said many times...excellent original post and great follow up comments and pictures by other contributors

*** one trick I'll add is looking for differences in the sand. Larger shells and aggregates( rocks, ect) and debri can sometimes tip you off to structure/ currents...the theory being they were deposited by stronger currents and usually stronger currents are created by structure. Not always the case but sometimes

Edited by h2oboss

The problem with common sense is that it's not that common

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...