Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbagump

Fishing Near North End Boston

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just starting to get into saltwater fishing more.. has anyone fished along the piers or near the bridges in the north end of boston?  I have seen a few people fishing out there over the last year or two and i was wondering what type of bait/lure set up i should use and what type of fish would be in the area... also have fished for squid in RI before would the bridge be a good spot for that as well?

Thank you for the help.

bubbagump you generally can find some fish in and around the Coast Guard Station, the Mystic river entrance as well as the Charles river, near the science building near the locks. Both bass and blue fish with live or dead pogies. Then again if you can get into the summer street bridge area, you should find some fish there as well.

By the way welcome to sol

yea. pretty much what Angler 1 said. I found those areas to be most productive early and late season. Caught and seen some nice 20# fish there. even inside..but didnt give it more than 1 try this year as I moved on to more consistent spots close to the city

Hey I am going to fish I. The north end tomorrow, do you have any suggestions for me? I live in Brighton and love to surf fish so trying out the area. Appreciate any input. 

My Dad grew up fishing the N. End.  It's where I got my first striper.  Damn near inaccessible from shore now due to Parking and Yuppies.  But anywhere you can throw a lure within sight of the Charles locks should produce fish.  Especially in spring.  Little late now...

I won't name all the spots but Charles River Locks is a good area to begin. You will mostly be fishing from an elevated platform so bringing in a fish can be tough unless it's high tide. Bring a drop net or pier net.

I use to fish a bit outside of Lewis Wharf where my cabinet shop was in my canoe. When the bluefish showed up it was a remarkable experience. A yak or canoe is all you need to catch fish in the very inner harbor.