Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staktup

WS Ride Air Pro low seat retrofit to 2013 Revo

14 posts in this topic

Here is a WS Phase 3 Air Pro seat that I got for dirt cheap. Do you thhink I can modify it to fit my '13 Revo hull?

Open to suggestions- happy to cut the base, add ss pad eyes for straps, & even trying to incorporate the seat pegs and mounts from my Hobie seat... just want to keep any new holes above the water line...

That's a cool score Staktup-would be interested in the details of where and how much if you don't mind. A quick search put something new in the one fifty ballpark. Sounds like you got it at a fraction of that price. Now all you need to do is go in the garage and dig out the heatgun and dremel. Let us know how things turn out, a video would be awesome. Let's hope it doesn't effect any of the stabilities (1st,2nd). If it were me I'd look into cutting down the height of the base as much as possible without ruining the integrity of the base itself-if that's even posssible. The yak I'd be trying to retrofit would be an older modeled Hobie Adventure circa 2012. I'm currently using the original seat which parks my ass a little below the waterline. I enjoy having my center of gravity this low because it affords me the abilitiy to crouch down upon sharp turns when I'm chasing down Albies. So I'm leary of adding a higher seating system. In any case I guess I could always just use the original seat for funny fish and use a higher one for striped bass. I wish you luck in your install and keep us posted. Thanks again Fly

Thanks Fly,

I was hoping to score a Phase 3 seat made for Tarpons, but for $35 this will do! I didn't even think of using a heat gun to possibly shape the base, great idea. I want some sort of solid plastic on the bottom to keep my bum dry. I agree, I would like to keep my center of gravity as low as possible. It might be a while before I tackle this project, the honey-do list is several chapters long :( but I will at least post some pics along the way when I get to it... maybe to kill the winter blues.

No problem-glad to help a fellow kayak angler. That's awsome you got it for thirty five dollars, that's a steal. Are there anymore around? I'm assuming you got it used from somebody or there's a clearance sale locally. If so let me know. Thanks

This guy purchased it somewhere to try on his canoe, and when he realized it wouldn't be a direct fit, he decided to sell it. Trust me, I asked if he had anymore, but he did not and he bought it from someone else. I gave him $40 bucks for it, and when he opened up the envelope, he wanted to give me $5 back but I refused.

I figured it was a one shot deal-thats cool you lucked out on it. Another thought as far as modifying goes when you do in fact get the time this winter, is get in touch with SOL's Barrell, he might have some thoughts or actually done this type of project. My last thoughts were to dremel downt the height while keeping the bottom, which you might utilize a plastic iron welder to sew her back up with the bottom again. I'd have to see the base in person to decide if I'd actually go so far as to do all that, but the thought did occur to me. Harbor Freight sells the plastic rods and welder for around twenty five bucks for both. I picked one up a few weeks ago for anothe yak I was working on. I'm gonna try to at least get another one or two seasons with my current Hobie before I up grade to the new ones with the Vantage seats, so I'll be curious to see how you made out. Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks :D

Well, I found myself with a bunch of

conference calls this afternoon for work, and decided to take them at home. The mute button is a great thing. To the chop shop we went...

[img=

I had to cut that much to get it to fit, while preserving the section that houses the hinge. If I didn't cut this area drastically, it places the seat too far forward, and it interfered with the rudder steering control.

p><p>  13" wide x 7" long is the new bottom section base. Since the molded seat area of the hull provides support under the thighs, I didn

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1793344/width/1000/height/1000]

I'll need some adhesive-backed rubber pads to prevent slippage since this is plastic on plastic- and a live water test.

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1793345/width/1000/height/1000' alt='1000'>

Wow I'm impressed, it looked so far beyond the factory seat all around and in a matter of couple days you are just about ready for a sea trial, or should that be a seaT trial! You probably cut almost half the weight also!........Jack

You can also get non skid pad from the local walmart. It's a placemat. Used for boats to keep plates or cups from moving on the table.

It's also used to keep carpets in place on the floor.

It slide around too much; if there was a way I could use long bolts to attach the seat bottom to the existing seat anchors, maybe it would have worked. I also tried a Jackson Silver Elite camp-sttyle framed chair but the COG was too high and not good.

Was going to throw in the towel until I found the FeelFree Kingfisher seat:

Anyone try this on their Hobie mirage drive boats?

I ordered and tried out the Native Versa SUP seat, and in fact I saw someone on CL selling their revo with this seat. However, even thuough it fit snug in the deep seat well, the front of the seat is very thick so it would hamper full leg extension.

I threw in th towel and bought the i-Comfort pad, and it helps. Should have just bought one one of these to begin with...