Rod setup of your's that you love the most?!

Rate this topic

egad911

8'6" St Croix Ben Doerr with a bail-less Penn 710 greenie spooled with 30 lb power pro.  It is an absolutely reliable combination able to throw 1/4 to 2+ ounces.  It is long enough to use in fairly large breakers, but short enough to easily use from jetties and piers.  Small fish are fun on this combo.  20lb+ fish are really fun.

Spinning - Lamiglas XS 1061PP 1-4oz w/ a Saragosa SW 10000

Conventional - Lamiglas Super Surf 10ft MHC 4-8oz w/ an Abu Inshore 6501 or Avet MXJ MC

These are my favorite setups for the Canal (95% of my striper fishing) - they cover everything from light lures, pencils, sebiles, and heavy jigs. 

Plugging

11' CTS vapor trail 1-3oz with ZB22 50# super slick. Have no problem throwing stuff lighter than 1oz and stuff just over 3oz. The PP super slick has been amazing. Haven't dealt with any wind knots like the regular PP.

Chunking

11' Dblue 2-7oz 6500B baitrunner 50# PP. Great for chunks and also use it for heavy jigging at the canal.

Spinning - Lamiglas XS 1061PP 1-4oz w/ a Saragosa SW 10000

Conventional - Lamiglas Super Surf 10ft MHC 4-8oz w/ an Abu Inshore 6501 or Avet MXJ MC

These are my favorite setups for the Canal (95% of my striper fishing) - they cover everything from light lures, pencils, sebiles, and heavy jigs. 

Love the Lami PP rod! Way under respected model. And I just bought the same SS conventional. Paired with a Squall 15. Lightest setup I own!

My go to outfit is a GSB1201L with a Penn SSV5500 and 20# Fireline. This is the one I grab when heading down to the local south shore beach for an hour or two of plugging. Putting a VS150 on it when the new ones are avail.

SOL member #17
LIBBA #2310
"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all" - General James Mattis speaking to tribal leaders in Afghanistan.

Changes daily... but as of now... GSB1201L and Rainshadow SW1088 (full 9' one piece) for conventional. Spinning GSB1321L cut 4" from the butt, 2" from the tip (built by BDSandman) and AllStar 1087 9' built by Afterhours. I use Spheros 6000 and 706Z on the spinning rods, Akios and Abu 6500CL Big Game on the conventionals.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts" Jack Johnson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Richard View Post

Love the Lami PP rod! Way under respected model. And I just bought the same SS conventional. Paired with a Squall 15. Lightest setup I own!

My go to outfit is a GSB1201L with a Penn SSV5500 and 20# Fireline. This is the one I grab when heading down to the local south shore beach for an hour or two of plugging. Putting a VS150 on it when the new ones are avail.

It's a great conventional rod, wish they still made them - its the lightest setup I own as well - its deceiving that its rated to 8oz and is so light and thin