Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egad911

Rod setup of your's that you love the most?!

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

I am a relic, a heretic, stuck in my ways..this is my favorite (but w the 70/30 split it doesn't get used much since it's a long nuisance to travel with), because it works great..and it shouldn't:

10'6" Mojo surf, spinning. The 3/4 to 4oz one w them dinky little low guides. On it is a 704 greenie, loaded w SilverThread AN40 20# mono...and it chucks 'em way out there. No wind knots, no bunching up at the stripper guide, no nuthin' but WOW.

I'm going to load up another spool w some AN40 17#, just because I can, and to see if I get even more WOW.

oh man this could go on and on for me

but here it is in short.

on the beach

cts surf and jetty 1-3/vs 250

gsb 120-1L / vs 250

fsc raptor 1266/ vs 250

jetty

cts vapor trail 10ft 3-6/ vs 250

1205 ron arra/ vs 250

fsc predator nine foot 2-6 or 1267 / vs 250

back bay

fsc raptor 3/4 -4 ounce nine foot/vs 150

century sling shot 9 ft 6 / vs 150

gsb 108 1L/vs 150

Depends on what car I drive- VW with fold down seats Lami 1081L. BMW no fold down seats 10' Tiralejo 10mh. Reel is fj5000 or vs150. bay/boat/river rod is a balsy 1pc cheap 7' shimano that throws .5-2oz perfectly with a daiwa sol 3000 on it. Fireline all around.

My 2 favourite setups, a Tenryu Ventfury 330 10-90g 11ft with a Zeebaas ZX2-22 and it really can cast 90g and a Graphiteleader Remoto EX 9ft 6in with a VS150LB casts to 60g. With ease. Used mostly for shore fishing off Africa, jigging & plugging, but also used for bait in the surf anywhere.

currently it is a cts s-8 ...11'6"....1-3oz with a penn spinfisher 6500lc spooled with 40# superslick 8

but that could change if the right rod comes up for sale :D

Loomis 1142s surf series with a vs150. 9'6" one piece. Combo is over 10 ten years old but i can't find a better one yet for light plugging.

Same here. I have the same set up. I actually found an 1142 for cheap money at a yard sale so i have a back up. It whip metals over the horizon when needed when the false albacore are way out there.

Depending on if I'm bait fishing or lure fishing.

For bait Tica 11' UEHA 3-8 oz paired with Abu Garcia Record 61 spooled with Sufix 832 40 lbs

For lures Abu Garcia Volatile 8' 1-3 rod paired with Abu Garcia Revo NACL61 spooled with Sufix 832 40 lbs

My Canal eel/plug setup is a Lami GSB120-1M that's about 9'8 paired with a Abu 7000 BG HSN that is light enough to support easily while drifting eels with the rod out in front of me all night and I really enjoy the moderate action. I use a Century 1267 when the tides moving but the added lenght and ferrule just make the balance that much harder on the traps for long periods of time.