Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egad911

Rod setup of your's that you love the most?!

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

Being only 20 years old, I'd love to hear what from some passionate and more experienced fishermen on what their most favorite rod setup is!!

After doing a ton of research and using my huge interest in fish, I bought a 7 foot, medium power fast action St. Croix Tidemaster rod and decided to go all out with a Shimano Stradic 3000FJ

And of course is posted the dang hing before I was done!!! For line I first have few feet of just 10 pound mono so my line doesn't slip, then I attached 20 pound moss green powerpro braid (which reminds me do you actually think color makes a difference? At least for inshore striper fishing?) and then I have about 5 feet of my 25 pound leader tied to the end using a Yucatan knot which I saw worked well online I don't know if anyone else prefers something different. Last but not least I have my 4 inch rapala x-rap in hot pink color!!

I may not have too much money but I've definitely spent the 2nd most money on fishing, with the first being my crappy car. I obviously like fishing for the inshore stripers right off my dock but I would LOVE to be able to go deep and have a strong heavy setup and mess around with some huge fish!!!

I Just bought my son the same rod with a 4000 penn conflict...He loves it for 3/4 oz bucktails.i have a 7' Phenix M1 with a 4000 sustain and I would say it is my favorite set up for light tackle striped bass fishing.

I've got rods I built on these blanks: SSU1081L, SSU1081M, GSB1201L, Century S-2, and FSC1266X, but I find myself reaching for my MHX SU1197F most evenings. Very nice blank for the money, very light and it is not at all tip heavy.

I have lots of reels too but usually put my Stradic FI 5000 on whatever rod I'm using.

I look forward to using the FSC1266X more this fall, with some bigger lures.

You did your due diligence, of course I do not know the application with which you are using it :).  I have a few that I enjoy fishing but to pick one I would go with my 7' MH Tidemaster paired with a Saragossa 4000f.  

7 ft. Tsunami Classic .5 - 1.5 oz rating with American made Penn Slammer 460 and some 30 lb braid.  Do everything rod.  Chunking, plugging, fluking, blackfish.  Can handle up to 6 oz easily.  Rod was like $50 bucks, reel at the time was like $150.  Has pulled in 25 lb bass, double digit chopper blues and loads of keeper blacks and fluke with ease for the last 2 seasons for rod and 6 for reel.  Light, smooth, dependable.    

Take that all  you gearheads with your VS's, Stellas and Custom Lamis!! 

And of course is posted the dang hing before I was done!!! For line I first have few feet of just 10 pound mono so my line doesn't slip, then I attached 20 pound moss green powerpro braid (which reminds me do you actually think color makes a difference? At least for inshore striper fishing?) and then I have about 5 feet of my 25 pound leader tied to the end using a Yucatan knot which I saw worked well online I don't know if anyone else prefers something different. Last but not least I have my 4 inch rapala x-rap in hot pink color!!

I may not have too much money but I've definitely spent the 2nd most money on fishing, with the first being my crappy car. I obviously like fishing for the inshore stripers right off my dock but I would LOVE to be able to go deep and have a strong heavy setup and mess around with some huge fish!!!