Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P Bau

plugs , treble hooks , paint ,etc for plug kits or just the plug

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Hello guys 

Im leaning about making plugs little by little and already bought some kits online and already installed the lip ,the wire and painted 

now I would like to ask the guys who already make plugs if we can trade some plugs from your batch or maybe if you can make some for me 

I really want to learn the basics and build the plugs from the beginning myself 

I would like to have swimmer plugs to install the lip myself but any plug is welcome 

for now I think will be great if I can get the plugs with holes already made but if I have to do the holes myself I will do it 

If I have to get the lips , grommets , wire ,weight for the plug myself I will get them ( just let me know the specific lip size, ) 

for trade I can offer      super strikes , bechmaster , luna , createx paint , or if you need wire , grommets , lips or anything I can get them for you , 

I read a lot of threads for months and gained a lot of knowledge and is time to learn by making plugs from the beginning  

thank you 

I support this creativity Sir.

Nothing like making one's own lures and having action with them. As with the fly-making guys or me making, coloring my own custom beads while drifting for rainbow and salmon.

Maybe put this in the other plug forum where they collect them for more responses, maybe you'll get more support or guidance there.

Phil

use the search box, there's a million threads starting like yours as you pro seen.

top right, Type sealing plugs and you have to read til your eyebrows fall and try what you may like best and what might work for you.

same with paints, same with coatings and materials etc... trust me, the search box is your best friend and it contains an incredible amount of knowledge by the most creative plug building crew i've ever known.

use the search feature and spend sometime reading. most guys don't reply to threads simply because everything you need to learn is already posted many times over and over.

this is the best way i can help you and you won't regret it. :)

good luck.

Dave

use the search box, there's a million threads starting like yours as you pro seen.

top right, Type sealing plugs and you have to read til your eyebrows fall and try what you may like best and what might work for you.

same with paints, same with coatings and materials etc... trust me, the search box is your best friend and it contains an incredible amount of knowledge by the most creative plug building crew i've ever known.

use the search feature and spend sometime reading. most guys don't reply to threads simply because everything you need to learn is already posted many times over and over.

this is the best way i can help you and you won't regret it. :)

good luck.

Dave

Thank you for the reply

I have read hundreds of threads for months and I gain a lot of knowledge , I put this post couple weeks ago because I didn't know how to start

Now I'm doing my own pencil poppers and I learned a lot from the fist pencil popper I made to the last pencil popper I made

For sure the first pencil popper doesn't even compare to the last one I did , I did a lot of mistakes and learned from them

I found some cool treads about plug making , like I said before

This forum is an open book for all of us to learn

Thank you for your advice and post , I'm learning a lot in this forum

great advice, even for me Bud. There are certainly very talented members thats for sure

That is true

I found the best tutorials here and I'm learning from them , some treads are unique and I was lucky enough to find them :)

I agree my friend.

Man to get into another style of fishing can be overwhelming for me.

Thus far my different styles are: freshwater centerpinnng reels and rods while drifting for rainbows and salmons in rivers, Stand alone freshwater bottom fishing at river's mouth for same species but having to have different rod and reel setups for that, Down-rigging off my boat in summer for freshwater salmon and rainbow (thats a costly activity), and now with setting up for saltwater ventures for surf & pier fishing  & this carries another  major expense for the long-cast reels, rods, plugs and other lures. Wow, when does she stop, lol Gotta mortgage my house soon if another style enters this fishing OCD.

I already custom color beads for drifting for freshwater bows & salmon as the fly guys do while "matching the hatch" but painting, coloring with all the different mediums is re-laxxx-ing.

So to get into plug making my friends, I commend you.

Enjoy later.....Phil

The start is the type of wood you'll be using, then sealing, try epoxy sealing or spar. then paints, then clear coat.

seems like you starting the venture of this madness. ;)

I just order few pieces of Alaskan yellow cedar and some pieces of western red cedar

I will make few pencil poppers and maybe one swimmer to see how it swims ,

Thanks for the info ,