Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fagin

Shimanos slotted line rollers...badly engineered?

37 posts in this topic

He may help..but he only knows what he is told......he took some very shallow shots at Alan Hawk earlier this year based on having no personal experience with the product.

Best bet...get on the phone and when in touch with cust service ask to speak with an engineer...most likely you won't....but you'll get a tech. Thats your best bet

I agree with Scooby. You best bet is finding a service tech to talk to.

I have read a number of Bantam's responses on some other threads and he basically holds the company line. The Dupont rubber like material on the Stradic handle knobs pretty much falls apart after a year and he said it was a sunscreen problem. Well I don't use sun screen and mine tore and fell apart in a year. One of those new cutting edge materials that simply did not work out, but Bantam was not going to go there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Blair View Post

I agree with Scooby. You best bet is finding a service tech to talk to.

I have read a number of Bantam's responses on some other threads and he basically holds the company line. The Dupont rubber like material on the Stradic handle knobs pretty much falls apart after a year and he said it was a sunscreen problem. Well I don't use sun screen and mine tore and fell apart in a year. One of those new cutting edge materials that simply did not work out, but Bantam was not going to go there.

Does this happen on the Stradic FE's?

Scooby in my case I called Shimano US and got a new reel handle knob, but it is the same material so when it fails again I guess will have to get one of those JDM upgrade handle knobs for my reel.

the same problem with mine the line jumbs from the rollers groove and colected by arm

check here

the same problem here (and solution)

http://www.****.net/viewtopic.php?t=76422

the solution at least for Stradics :change the direction of the roller

read the comment about Shimano's rollers here

at least, the roller at previous stradic CI4 has this direction

FRE-0091-view-2758-L.JPG

JUSTS HILARIOUS for such so called'' quality''

Edited by ma05683
edit