Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kooky

Looking for a rod suggestion

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

You should try my 10' Lami XS 101 MS 2 - 4oz, closest thing I've personally used, that comes close to what you're looking for.

probably the best all around rod I have ever owned.

wouldn't feel comfortable at the canal with it though.

fid beat me up and took it :(

What local shop will have most of these to hold? Quaker lane is my local but there in store stock does not have most of these. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Go to CMS I know it's a haul but I bought my blank there he had some custom rods out on display .

I haven't tried throwing eels with mine yet but it casts SP's well and launches 3oz pencils

Bucktails at an ounce and a half it does it well

1321m lamiglas I have mine paired with a Gosa sw 8000 with 40# braid

The TFO rods have a wide range. Had a 9'that was rated 1-6 and I used it at 1-3 just fine. Never tested the upper range. They have longer models.

True statements. I have both however the 1201m is still hanging in the rafters brand new since the 1201L fits my needs.

I still think the 1201M is the best all around surf rod. it does it all well

If you want to toss sp and redfins, id go 1201l. I feel the m is a bit too heavy for any minnow lure. I wouldnt plan on tossing much more than 3oz with it though...the L that is

Yea ive been fishing the l this season and throw lightly loaded redfins/sp's and plugs up to just about 3oz plus liverigged eels perfectly fine. Anything under 1oz and over 3oz is finicky though

True statements. I have both however the 1201m is still hanging in the rafters brand new since the 1201L fits my needs.

Yup I got both as well. If I had to sell one it woukd prob be the 1201L. Just personal preference. Both awesome rods