snot fly for albies ?

Rate this topic

isleomaniac

Clear/white iceabou and clear/wht estaz grande over a colored(or not) thread base.The color will show through the estaz when it's wet.Both materials become translucent/clear when wet.I like a silver gut-sac on the front half using silver craft paint before I wrap the body.

Sorry,not the best pic,comes out more just wht than the clear it is in the water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crs2006 View Post

Great flies, pretty much anything eats them, and you can tie a dozen in one session

What he said...

Same thing tied w/ all pearl,all black,all pink and all chart are easy to tie fish catchers...one of my local go-to patterns.That iceabou is nice stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Top to bottom:

Synthetics,

Glass beads (plastic even better but hard to find small),

Bodi Braid/ Craft fur,

Deer hair

All with UV resin

Hi Fluke.   What's the technique in getting the ribbed effect on that fly second one down from the top?  Do you apply the resin that has been chilled out to thicken it then wrap to get the effect before zapping it with the UV?  Nice flies.  Thanks in advance.  Fly

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

This works very well as a snot fly.......caught bass and albies on this in the past.

attachicon.gifSnotFly1.jpg

Nice, saltyH2ofly. I do the same thing, basically--a little #2 or 4 Surf Candy with silver or pearl bodi-braid on the hook shank, white Unique hair with a little flash, and a big silver eye. 

Hi Fluke.   What's the technique in getting the ribbed effect on that fly second one down from the top?  Do you apply the resin that has been chilled out to thicken it then wrap to get the effect before zapping it with the UV?  Nice flies.  Thanks in advance.  Fly

Looks like he stacked 4 beads back to back.