Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexcampagna898

Striped bass fishing tips?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I'm planning to do a little early morning fishing off sachuest point all the way down to brenton point tomorrow.

Fishing anywhere from 35-65ft of water. Last week I tried tube and worm but ran into a few problems...firstly I couldnt really tell when I was near bottom. I let out a bunch of line but never felt the bump...secondly, my boat can only go.down to 3mph. I caught about 10 big bluefish but no stripers...does anyone have any tips? Should I try a different tactic or do my tube and worm skills just need refining?

There is a 'tube and worm' discussion going on right now in the Mass forum.

Although not discussing your location, a lot of info which is applicable.

Use two poles. One for fresh bait. The other for casting lures. Small jig heads with a super fluke should get you on a striper. Fish it close to the bottom.

I'm also running dry on stripers. I didn't get a single fish this morning, I went a little after sunrise and fished until 1. The spot I went to was very high up in the bay (Warren area). I was hoping for blues or something. I'd like to hear some tips about the buckeye jig as well. I usually get that bad boy stuck when I fish from the rocks. I'm going to try sunrise tomorrow under the Mt Hope Bridge. I just want some action!

I'm also running dry on stripers. I didn't get a single fish this morning, I went a little after sunrise and fished until 1. The spot I went to was very high up in the bay (Warren area). I was hoping for blues or something. I'd like to hear some tips about the buckeye jig as well. I usually get that bad boy stuck when I fish from the rocks. I'm going to try sunrise tomorrow under the Mt Hope Bridge. I just want some action!

By "buckeye" jig, I meant bucktail. It's late, I should probably get some sleep.. ;)