Followers 0
mumichog

Shimano Drops Lifetime Warranty On Rods, Current Owners Save Your Receipt

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by levari View Post

Lifetime on $299 rods is just too much to ask for,,

Does this mean our rods are covered?  It was a big reason I went with the Shimano.  I would like to know the "as-of" date they have defined for this policy.

This sucks.  I have a bunch of "over the counter" lifetime warranty rods from Shimano.  I take care of my rods really well and have yet to use the warranty on even one rod.  Hopefully I never have to have a discussion with one of their reps when my "lifetime" warranty expires, and I need a replacement.  I think preexisting warranties should be covered for the lifetime of that particular rod.

This sucks.  I have a bunch of "over the counter" lifetime warranty rods from Shimano.  I take care of my rods really well and have yet to use the warranty on even one rod.  Hopefully I never have to have a discussion with one of their reps when my "lifetime" warranty expires, and I need a replacement.  I think preexisting warranties should be covered for the lifetime of that particular rod.

I bet with you it does. If they sold you a rod with a lifetime warranty, Shimano will honor it...They are actually obligated by law to honor any warranty they sold you...however keep in mind it's not a "no question asked policy" like StCroix warranty.

Does this mean our rods are covered? It was a big reason I went with the Shimano. I would like to know the "as-of" date they have defined for this policy.

Our rods are covered to catch fish as long as we live and fish. I am pretty sure the warranty card on your rod stated lifetime like mine and if so, you should not have any problem...if you do, you know who to call...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVStripes View Post

wicked where do you see the sale ?

please do not post links to commercial links that are not

"insiders" on this site . thanks

Really sad to see the warranty go but most of the warranty issues were user error. That ive seen atleast 90% of the time

I jumped from uglystiks exclusively to using graphite Shimano rods. I always thought the Shimano rods were fairly tough. Haven't broken any of mine and they get used hard and frequently.