Power Pro Super Slick

Rate this topic

plug junkie

But i love the blue it comes in. Havent tried the slick myself but wanted to put it on a black vs200 with the blue. I think it just looks awsome. Any other lines come in blue like that? Or am o stuck with power ranger red and yellow or baby **** green

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like yours is spooled incorrectly :(

I'm tough on my gear and for the most part fish artificials in locations that look like the face of the moon. I havent had a problem and I find it holds up well. I had my reel spooled by a shop. (m&d"s Wareham)

BHP tackle spools TONS of reels for the tuna crowds and theyve formed a comprehensive guide on line for spooling reels with spectra, below is a snippet: You can locate the whole guide by doing a google search for "spectra line winding" It should be the third result returned.

Dont forget to oil your roller bearings

credit to whomever wrote it:->

"Line Twist: A case of "who done it?"

No line can twist itself, whether it is monofilament, braided Spectra®, round, flat, hollow or solid. Someone or something must twist it. Every line is subject to exactly the same factors which cause twist.

Twist occurs if the line is taken off one end of the service spool as line is spooled onto a reel. To avoid twist, line must be taken off from a spool which is free to rotate. Likewise, if you attached your topshot to the line on your reel and then reel on the topshot without rotating the coil, you will twist the full length of the topshot many times. Some believe that a twisted mono topshot can spook fish.

Twists also occur while fishing a lure without a line swivel, or by a rolling fish or a shark, or a chunk turning in the current.

Every spinning reel, by its very nature, twists the line with every turn of the handle, some six times per turn during retrieve. When cast, line comes off the stationary spool from the end, twisting the line in the opposite direction canceling the twist. However, a problem occurs if you turn the handle when you can not take line freely. In this event, twists in excess of those needed to cancel those of the cast are quickly added. This happens more frequently than most fisherman realize. When you have a big fish on and the drag is too light to take line, constant turning the handle twists the line. You must be able to retrieve line or you will create twists when using a spinning reel. This problem does not exist with revolving spool conventional reels.

Severe line twist can cause problems: Line breakage, tangles, knots and poor lure behavior. Two-time honored methods of removing twists are:

(1) Detach any terminal gear and then trail the line behind a moving boat for a while.

(2) Attach a weight to the end of the line and free spool the weighted line deep.

In either of those two cases, some residual twist can be taken out if you squeeze the wet line between your thumb and index finger as you retrieve slowly. The twist is moved along toward the free end much like the action of a jack screw.

This technique is also useful in those instances when line has been carelessly spooled on during retrieve. Line build-up in one area can bind on the frame. Loosely spooled line invites problems. This technique gives you the opportunity to rewind correctly and be ready for the next big fish.

I love it. I use the 40# marine blue ss and fish exclusively in boulder fields and have fought many decent size bass and blues. I also agree that your reel maybe spooled incorrectly. Never had any wind knots or mystery break offs. I had mine spooled at Rivers End in Ct and the way they spooled it the line bows out in the center of the spool it has sort of an oval shape. They told me that is the correct way to spool that type of reel for better line lay/casting.

Super Slick is close to Fire Line and I like them both..................

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

It does get 'fluffy' as white water noted. I had it on a few reels but that fuzz freaked me out. Now its 832 or Samurai.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

strip a few yards off when it gets "fluffy" then youre golden. I've used the same 2 spools going on 3 seasons now fishing 4-6 days a week and love it. When it gets fluffy you risk unexplained break off's, bite the bullet a strip a bit or loose your fish and expensive lure :(

MikeMc, on 05 Jul 2016 - 1:56 PM, said:

I'll get a pic when I get homoe.

strip a few yards off when it gets "fluffy" then youre golden. I've used the same 2 spools going on 3 seasons now fishing 4-6 days a week and love it. When it gets fluffy you risk unexplained break off's, bite the bullet a strip a bit or loose your fish and expensive lure :(

Or u can use a line that does not get fluffy. :)

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa