Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plug junkie

Power Pro Super Slick

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I don't know about anywon else but I bought a spool of 30lb marine blue slick. and I got to tell you this stuff is garbage.knots galore.and I have never had a problem with the braid I really like there braid.i have used it for years..anybody else have a problem with it???thanks for yours help.

Put about 300 yds of PP slick green on my VS 250 with about 200 yds of backing on this april. Been fishing since april, 3x a week at least, not one wind knot, reel problem maybe?

Just had my Saragosa 10K spooled with it this season. 40lb braid. Used it on my 10'6" Mojo to jig the canal. Worked fine. Caught my first keeper this season (FINALLY!!) with a 5 oz plus Savage Sand Eel. Line held up fine.

Put about 300 yds of PP slick green on my VS 250 with about 200 yds of backing on this april. Been fishing since april, 3x a week at least, not one wind knot, reel problem maybe?

I put it on a 4500b shimano baitrunner for chucking ummmmmm reel was fine before mabe a bad batch..

I put it on a 4500b shimano baitrunner for chucking ummmmmm reel was fine before mabe a bad batch..

I was a penn user for years up until this year, and usually had my local bait and tackle shop put my line on my reels. I would usually have wind knots for a little while after they had just put the line on with the machine. I blamed the machine. I have also reeled the line onto the reel myself, still had wind knots, blamed the reel. Got a VS, no wind knots.

I got a vs 250 and a zeebass..I bought 2 spooles of the slick so im gonna try it on the zeebass but not sure if I should have my bait shop put it on or should I do it????

I got a vs 250 and a zeebass..I bought 2 spooles of the slick so im gonna try it on the zeebass but not sure if I should have my bait shop put it on or should I do it????

I had my bait shop put it on my vs 250 with the machine, and have had no problems so far. I've had many problems on my penns in the past with the line being put on by the same machine. I only surfcast so I make hundreds of long casts weekly and still have not had a problem in months with my VS. I have 50lb Power pro slick on it .

I had my bait shop put it on my vs 250 with the machine, and have had no problems so far. I've had many problems on my penns in the past with the line being put on by the same machine. I only surfcast so I make hundreds of long casts weekly and still have not had a problem in months with my VS. I have 50lb Power pro slick on it .

thanks for your imput bro.

Used it for 10 hours last night, love the line. I don't even tape up when I use it. I did have trouble with the first batch I used last year. In the end it was just user error over line issue. Some of the wind knots just pull right out. As for putting it on or having a machine do it this is what I do. Try to find an open field. Tie your backing to the braid and reel the line on to your spool keeping a little tension on the line pinching it. After your line is on the spool tie it to a fence or anything that is available. Walk as far as you have to until the line is out to where the braid meets the backing. Loosen your drag to the point where if you pull back on the rod and reel it will just dead spool. Pull back on the rod keeping tension on it the hole time and reel your way back til the line is back on. Perfect line lay every time.

I hear a lot of folks dislike PP Slick. I tried it last year, and I love it! I haven't had any trouble with it at all. I don't think I will ever switch to another line.

I like the line at first use of the first 2 weeks. Then I flip it for another 2 weeks of use. Then I feel like the line gets a little "fluffy" and I don't feel confident with it anymore. Just what I noticed for me. Great right out the box though!

Jerry brown braid all the way. Never look back. No wind knots nothing and if u do get a knot they slide right out.

They even have hollow core braid too that's a little better. Tight lines

chris

I am pleased with SuperSlick's performance on my non levelwind plugging reels. Smooth on the thumb and quiet coming in through the guides. What's a wind knot? :D