Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

88 Suzuki Cabrea 2 stroke 60 Motor Stalling

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Finally got the boat on the water last night for the maiden voyage. It took a little bit to get it started, seemed like it flooded at startup got it started, smoked, and then was good to go. Made it around the harbor and I was fine for an hour. Went to trolling speed and suddenly the motor died out. I had to re-start 5 times to get back to the launch as it kept bogging down and then stalling. Thankfully made it back to the ramp. Surprised to see it died out and give issues since running strong for a period of time. I pulled the cover off and I noticed a drip of fuel coming from the carbs. I dropped it off at storage and trying to come up with a plan of attack.

What are some basic things I can check? Maybe a clogged fuel filter or gummed up carbs? Hoping it's something small. Thanks in advance.

Is the fuel fresh and treated?

Do you have a water/fuel filter?

I'd check the filters first, then check for leaks in the fuel line.

Sounds like it's not getting fuel all the way up.

Is the fuel fresh and treated?

Do you have a water/fuel filter?

I'd check the filters first, then check for leaks in the fuel line.

Sounds like it's not getting fuel all the way up.

Not treated. The gas had a gallon or so left in the portable tank. I just filled it up at the gas station. Maybe the one gallon was bad. I'll toss that fuel. I have to find the filter inline somewhere. The only leak I can see is by the carbs. Have to check that out. Thanks!

since it's an older boat and engine first thing i would do is new fuel line from tank up to engine and new primer bulb.

new gas sucks with older fuel lines.:mad:

i had issues a few years ago on a 99 setup and the fuel lines were badly deteriorated on the inside.