Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Lamiglas conventional surf rods?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Does Lamiglas even make any high end conventional surf rods anymore? Hell, does anyone? I'm trying to find a high end plugging rod for say 3/4-3oz for lighter stuff but I want a true surf rod.

Am I missing something here?

How about a 1204 rod.

From?

It is odd, it really seems like all the high end plugging rods are freaking spinning. i want conventional. i guess i will have to go custom but really just wanted a factory built.

Good luck finding a decent 9' or any size for that matter in conventional. I searched for a decent 9 MH rod for years and still haven't found it. I was forced to buy a St Croix Avid 9' in spinning - I crossed the dark side and bought a VS150. I have no idea why St Croix doesn't build a surf casting rod shorter than 10'.

I'm thinking you're probably gonna have to go custom. I have a GSB 1201m wrapped conventional that I love (I got a great deal BTW) but it's a little over the weight you're looking for. If you keep it simple, you're looking at $300 for a 1201L custom. But you probably already know that:)

I'm thinking you're probably gonna have to go custom. I have a GSB 1201m wrapped conventional that I love (I got a great deal BTW) but it's a little over the weight you're looking for. If you keep it simple, you're looking at $300 for a 1201L custom. But you probably already know that:)

:th:

Arra 1321, 1322 according to your taste in plug weights. I like the 1322 conventional for 1 1/2 - 3 oz., four OK if you must.

The 1322 and Super Strike plugs were made for each other.

Arra 1321, 1322 according to your taste in plug weights. I like the 1322 conventional for 1 1/2 - 3 oz., four OK if you must.

The 1322 and Super Strike plugs were made for each other.

X2...the 2 3/8oz bombs it out there with ease

For those of you who want conventional Lamiglas surf rods you will have to purchase a rod blank and have it custom wrapped for conventional. The reason for this is because rod manufacturers make most all there sales on Spinning and most surfcasters prefer spinning because they do not have to worry about backlashing a conventional and the advent of the new braid line with small diameter will achieve outstanding distances. It takes time to master a conventional reel but does have its advantages over spinning especially with larger weight lures and the ease of playing larger fish. Hope This Helps.

There is a new factory Lamiglas Longcast model surf rod XSRA 1383-2 11' 6" rated for 2-6oz lures. I designed this model so it will have excellent performance with conventional or spinning. This model has been in the workings for 3 years and now is finally available at Red Top Sporting Goods and other tackle dealers that have ordered them. I am truthfully very pleased with the top notch performance it has displayed. If you guys liked fishing with the XSRA 1322 11' then you will be even more surprised for what this new 11' 6" can do. One thing after catching big fish with this rod there was no fatigue what so ever and it is second to none on casting ability with less effort and will cast more distance than the 1322. It is very light in weight and designed to be fished hard and long..... "Hope this helps"

Not high end, but how about a Star stellar lite 9' conventional? 2 pc..

I looked into this rod for my Abu 5501, it just doesn't have the balls to throw above 2oz, I also have the 9' spinning model but I don't mind throwing lighter lures with spinning gear.