Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striperking212

Surf fishing in Montauk

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

Yea okay stay home lmaoo why would u say stay home?? Or ur just one of those people on here?? And who are u to tell me to just stick to boat fishing I'm surf fishing than boat fishing..

I guess he has gotten to the point of disgust with people, who put in no time and want all the answers. I, who have done and given numerous classes on surf fishing, am close to the same feeling. Plus with the heavy pressure on the bass today why add to it's destruction? Please note with over 45 years fishing for Bass and fishing Montauk, this year have not even seen a COW. Be happy if you catch anything in the surf.

I guess he has gotten to the point of disgust with people, who put in no time and want all the answers. I, who have done and given numerous classes on surf fishing, am close to the same feeling. Plus with the heavy pressure on the bass today why add to it's destruction? Please note with over 45 years fishing for Bass and fishing Montauk, this year have not even seen a COW. Be happy if you catch anything in the surf.

McDermott leads the locals board with a 55, I think that qualifies as a cow

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI BeachRat View Post

This is is a terrible attitude.  As a beginner myself all of you old timers want to have newbies fail for how long before its ok to catch a fish.  And your solution to lower populations is to keep the newbies with no catches.  Nice. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI BeachRat View Post

Everything and everybody add to the destruction of bass, but I guess those 45 years somehow only helped.

This is is a terrible attitude.  As a beginner myself all of you old timers want to have newbies fail for how long before its ok to catch a fish.  And your solution to lower populations is to keep the newbies with no catches.  Nice. 

exactly right! There are no fish in mtk anyway..go on your boat trip with the gf and stay away from my rock and my fish...lol

It's really sad that the state of bass fishing is so bad that it's bringing out the absolute worst in some people.

Let's face it, recs don't want to budge and blame comms.

Comms do the opposite.

There's no middle ground.

My suggestion to everybody is: Stop saying "we" or "somebody" has to "do something". That's just a euphemism for "it's the other guy's fault" and it results in zero getting done.

Go fishing and enjoy yourself within the letter of the law. Nothing's going to change anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarterMan View Post

It's really sad that the state of bass fishing is so bad that it's bringing out the absolute worst in some people.

Let's face it, recs don't want to budge and blame comms.

Comms do the opposite.

There's no middle ground.

My suggestion to everybody is: Stop saying "we" or "somebody" has to "do something". That's just a euphemism for "it's the other guy's fault" and it results in zero getting done.

Go fishing and enjoy yourself within the letter of the law. Nothing's going to change anyway.

:th: 

*edit - content removed

Hey Striperking212,

I was just out there this past weekend. There are few fish to be had, but you are going to work hard for those few fish. We had blues upto 18 lbs over the weekend. I did see 1 Bass come up, but that was it. If you want to fish bait, stick to the town beaches, Gin Beach, Shagwong (county 4x4 permit required), Hither Hills and there are a couple of other good locations. Most of Montauk Point (around the light house) and the southside beaches to Ditch Plains is best fished with plugs and bucktails at specific tides and times. This is no BS and I'm sure someone will give me crap for this post. But my feeling is that we were all new one time and a little help can't hurt.

Hey Striperking212,

I was just out there this past weekend. There are few fish to be had, but you are going to work hard for those few fish. We had blues upto 18 lbs over the weekend. I did see 1 Bass come up, but that was it. If you want to fish bait, stick to the town beaches, Gin Beach, Shagwong (county 4x4 permit required), Hither Hills and there are a couple of other good locations. Most of Montauk Point (around the light house) and the southside beaches to Ditch Plains is best fished with plugs and bucktails at specific tides and times. This is no BS and I'm sure someone will give me crap for this post. But my feeling is that we were all new one time and a little help can't hurt.

Nic.. Did u land any bass or mostly blues?? And I'm most likey going to hit hither hills in th morning I will be up there around 5am than I will most around depending how the fishing is.. And yes people are going to cry but as u said everyone was new at some point so it's whatever thabks for the info much appreciated

Our little group only had bluefish

Got you.. Either way like I said I'm going up early morning to surf fish than 8pm we are going on the boat.. If no success on beach I'm sure u will catch on the boat lol

There is no substitute for current, local, knowledge.

Johnny's B&T is a good source for info.

Hint: Wear your Korkers, so he knows that you are serious ...

...I guarantee he will tell you just where to go!