I throw down the gauntlet

Rate this topic

thill

Tim S, I'm calling you out...

We will meet four times. Two in your locations, two in mine. Everything measured, photographed, released and documented.

I hereby extend my hand, to wish you the best... before slapping you upside the head. PAP!

biggrin3.gif

TH

PS- Got the 30# Whiplash by the way. Will start testing it soon. Hope it holds up.

The smell of sweat and animals fills the air as spectators fill the colliseum. Anticipation runs high, and the buzz of the crowd is a roar. They have come to see a greatly anticipated battle.

Today, there will be no cheering as wild animals tear apart their victims, for today is the day of the gladiators! The highest level of combat!

Trumpets blare as Emperor Bassmaster arrives. The crowd cheers their ruler. "Hail Ceaser! Hail Ceaser! Hail Ceaser!" they chant as one.

He raises his hand, and the masses fall silent...

(to be continued)

[This message has been edited by thill (edited 07-01-2002).]

The crowd falls silent and Emperor Bassmaster speaks:

"People of Rome, we are here to witness a grudge match between two great warriors who once fought side by side to defend our great empire."

"It has reached my ears that, in this time of peace, one of them has made sarcastic comments about the other's use of crayons and pie charts!"

(The crowd boos an hisses)

"But in turn, the offended warrior struck the first to his very honor! He has challenged first warrior's fishing prowess!"

(The crowd gasps, and then roars in outrage)

"At this point, obviously, there can be no reconciliation between the two. (Bassmaster's fist raises heavenward) THIS SHALL BE A BATTLE TO-THE-DEATH!"

The crowd erupts into a roar of wild cheering. "To the death! To the death! To the death!" they chant.

After several minutes, the emperor raises his hand to silence them.

"Let us meet the combatants!"

(more cheering)

A rhythmic pounding of huge kettle drums begins:

"BOOM-boom BOOM-boom BOOM-boom..."

The powerful arms of slaves pull on ropes, and a huge wooden grate is lifted, the black maw of the dungeons opening toward the arena below...

(to be continued)

...The crowd cheers as a bronzed man steps from the opening, . His magnificent physique is highlighted by the oiled leather and steel armor he wears.

"I present to you, 'O people, the accuser, Thill! It is he that has brought this battle to bear!"

The warrior raises a fist defiantly, and begins to run the perimeter of the vast area. With each powerful stride, he feels his energy growing. The booming drums and the roar of the crowd washes him, purifies him, prepares him for battle. He feeds from the very energy of the crowd as they cheer his victory lap. As he finishes his circuit, the scowl on his face deepens as he turns to await the introduction of his enemy...

"Now I present to you o citizens and visitors, the offender, TimS!

'BOOM-boom BOOM-boom BOOM-boom"

Another grate lifts at the opposite end of the arena, and from the depths steps another warrior....

But this man is strangely dressed in a brown rubber suit that clings to him in an unusual fashion. His feet are shod with strange black sandals, and he has an unusual, light-emitting gem hanging from his neck. His dark, ruffled hair contrasts with his sickly pale skin. His red-rimmed eyes squint, as if unaccustomed to sunlight, as his hands grope to block it's brilliant rays. Already, his face glistens with sweat.

The crowd falls silent for a moment, as if unable to grasp what it sees, then bursts into a roar of laughter! A torrent of rotten fruit and vegetables pelts the unlikely warrior, splashing against his rubber-clad figure. He staggers momentarily, then stands proudly, ignoring the assault.

A trumpet suddenly blares and the crowd falls silent. They turn, and all can see Emperor Bassmaster's frown of disapproval.

"You DARE to insult one of our heroes in this manner?!? I have decorated this man myelf! What right have you to do such a thing?"

"But Your Excellence," one of his advisors steps forward to speak, "Look at how he is dressed. Look at his skin and red eyes. Can this possibly be a warrior?"

The emperor signals, and large swimming plug falls from the sky and rips the man's scalp off. Then an arrow thuds into the middle of the advisor's chest. The crowd gasps, as the man drops to his knees, looks down at the arrow in his chest, and falls forward, DEAD.

There is complete silence.

"This warrior's honor will NOT be challenged again!" the emperor states flatly.

"Despite his looks, you will find that he is a formidable foe in his own right. Since Thill has made this challenge, this esteemed warrior, TimS, shall be the first to choose his weapon and the rules of battle!"

A huge steel-strapped wooden case is carried to the middle of the battlefield, and it is opened...

(to be continued)

Cat Fight!

jejejejejejejejeeek2.gif

my money is on TimS

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace