Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HellRaY

AlanHawk's new review is up

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBM View Post

Impressive review, as usual. I will buy one the instant that triple-digit tuna turn up in the wash in Long Island Sound.

Better make arrangement with Portugal border customs :naughty: 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bridge Fisher View Post

Always happens on his reviews,when reading on my pad I get towards the end and can't scroll down anymore.

Then have to get laptop?just happened again.

That just happened on my desk top??

What a reel... at a what a reel price. You should be able to trade that in at the dealer when the new what a reel comes out next year.

Does anyone know how long parts are available for these high end reels?Or,is it like if you have to ask this is not the reel for you.:freak:

Great Review.

Great Reel. Daiwa continues to innovate and perfect. They are fanatical about the details and the performance of the their equipment. Some manufacturers are far more aggressive at advertising, but as a Daiwa engineer once told me, "we put our money in engineering, bearings, and gears, not magazine ads and free hats"

:th:

Not that past generations of this reel were chumps (see video I found while googling Daiwa Saltigas)

i can testify to that, i have a couple.

i use a 4k size reel for my light set-up, it pulled a 50# amberjack in 140ft of water in less than 5 minutes.

one of they drawback with these reels is they are not marketed as heavily as shimano especially ehre in the US.

if you go to a jigging/popping site in australia/nz, there are more saltigas than stellas.

another issue is the daiwa warranty here in the US is horrible.