Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shane Y

Striper petition! Sign it now! we have until the 15th to get this in.

Rate this topic

315 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slacker View Post

The issue is that somebody has to take the hit. Doing nothing and complaining about commercial guys has gotten us to where we are today.

right on slacker

I don't fish for ego, that must be something you think yourself as it's never come to mind for me. As for your, "right", a right to buy fish has nothing to do with keeping fish, besides this doesn't prevent one from keeping a fish anyways. You need to read it again.

Why, then, do you fish? What other animals do you catch and release??

U really missed the point about buying and catching a fish... perhaps you should read again... Let me help you... gross exaggeration, but people on an island catch fish as a resource; a bigger entity comes along and says "you can't fish anymore, but you can buy the fish from us".... get it???:confused::D

The fact that you can't buy one in NJ kinda puts a hole in this argument. I guess you could limit all your fishing to the Pennsylvania coast (;))and this argument would stick.

Sorry, no hole at all....in fact, it helps prove my point....why should a commercial enterprise be able to sell fish that I personally can't fish for in PA or wherever?? POINTS GO TO THE COMMERCIAL FISHERIES!! DUH!!

"personal ego"?

What do you call it?? Fun, entertainment?? I'm not knocking it,-- i do it too, just saying it's hypocritical to tell people what they do with their legally caught fish, so long as the fish arent' wasted, while you're catching and most likely harming them for....what's the reason again????...

Signed. I encourage everyone who cares about the future of the Striper to join Stripers Forever (membership is free) as they are active in getting the message across to the ASMFC. Also, on their webpage, Stripers Forever provides, by state, those to whom you can write on the subject, such as elected Congressional members and state appointed representatives to the ASMFC.

why did the petition change from needing 1,000 signatures to now 1,500? will it eventaully change to 2,000 signatures needed? something fishy is going on.... :kook: