Nbourque

Recent reports.

Rate this topic

792 posts in this topic

What are you guys seeing in terms of stripers over the last week or so? Just looking for first hand reports on fish being caught and what you used to catch em. I think this would be a good thread to use to report what you found when you get done fishing.

A bunch of retro fish, old school Chrome 3/4 oz Creek Chub Striper Strikes outfishing everything else combined, floating poppers need not apply.

Skunk this AM, but I left pretty quick.  It wasnt chilly, it was effing cold.  No jacket.  Small fish, bite has slowed a good bit, they are out front in numbers with more bait to eat than they know what to do with.

A lot of bait and small fish. Catching them on 4" Sluggos, small paddle tails and the SP usually gets me a larger fish. This morning the fish were gorging on sand eels and were surfacing all around.

Fish seem to be fat as hell with a ton of spunk. Fun to catch. The bigger ones I caught this past week were absolutely covered with sea lice. Tail end of the falling has been best, regardless of time of day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by forester View Post

Fish seem to be fat as hell with a ton of spunk. Fun to catch. The bigger ones I caught this past week were absolutely covered with sea lice. Tail end of the falling has been best, regardless of time of day.

YEah weve been noticing a fair amount of Sea Lice on the larger fish for sure

I have been seeing a good mix of fish from 16" up to 30".

Most of them have been caught mid day, high sun, with fresh surf clams.

Haven't seen much lice on what I have been catching.

It's been a lot better for me, think the storm actually helped. Seen blitzes the last couple of days with some fat fish eating on small herring and sand eels.