How to impress long time boat fisherman

Rate this topic

crazybellringer

Guys,

I am going on a party boat with some long time boat fisherman's. These guys are old salts to the core. Some of them have caught multiple species of fish. That being said on this mighty fluke trip how can i impress them? I thought about shotgunning my beers and crushing the cans on my head but that is not going to work. My next idea was something unorthodox. like use my ultralight trout rod and 1lb test and claim the light tackle record for fluke, maybe even an unorthodox bait like live lining a goldfish. I already order my salt life t shirt and i may carve a fish symbol into my hair after seeing all the cool hairdo 's in the work cup. besides memorizing every line from the jaws movie is there anything else i could do? Is there anything i should not do?

Your pal

Bellringer.

:dismay: this isn't how It works......

You need to bring your yellow rubber rain gear, tackle box, can of worms, and plenty of bobbers.

Don't forget, spinning reels must be held upside down like a conventional and conventional reels need to be held like spinning reels.

Appear clumsy. Lower expectations and do better than you look able to. Maybe wear a fez or a hunting cap.

Orchestrate a nice little flesh wound and some stoic self surgery. The "accident" has to be somebody else's fault. Remain silent and bleed a little until you have the opportunity to appear forgiving. Don't quote "Jaws" until after that. 

Bring sandwiches if that does not work.

Hope it works out!

:dismay: this isn't how It works......

You need to bring your yellow rubber rain gear, tackle box, can of worms, and plenty of bobbers.

Don't forget, spinning reels must be held upside down like a conventional and conventional reels need to be held like spinning reels.

I got a sweet tackle box so i am good there. I just need to get some good stickers. I have been reading about gulp and i know i want to fish it on the bottom. should i get sinkers or jig heads?

I think they have breakfast already provided these guys are top notch, half of them probably eat nails for break fast.

I saw a thread about fluke guts being stinky in the main. i hope i don't get sick. i know people like to rip the bellies right out of these creatures and use them for bait. I am worried i will get sick.