If you had $300 to spend

Rate this topic

jpcool

Duh....

"it's well balanced and it casts well"

Get another just like it.

The Sedona has 4 ball bearings and a roller bearing. It doesn't lay line quite as well as a stradic but for less than half the cost what more could you ask for. It doesn't have S A-RB bearings, but i'm finding that really doesn't mean a lot.Take good care of it and it will last a long time.

If you rig identical to your wife she can prove she's better than you.

I figured it would be a chance for me to upgrade to a better setup and let her keep my other one. I was actually mistaken on the reel on my setup it's actually a Spheros FB not a Sedona.

St.Croix 10' Triumph rod - $150

Penn Conflict 5000 - $150

Leaving your wife at home so you can fish peacefully...... - PRICELESS

Joking aside. This.

Or maybe look at the Daiwa rods in your price range. They are nice and light to go with a conflict, but may be a bit thicker in the grip than the st. Croix.

Classic

.........as we continue on.......

My wife has been coming along with me on my fishing trips and most of the time uses my 8ft rod and shimano reel combo and I get stuck with the 11ft St Croix and Shimano 6500 baitrunner combo to throw plugs and minnows. Dont get me wrong I love this combo, it has it's uses but it's too large to throw minnows and bucktails and after a few hours fishing it's gets tiresome. If you had $300 to spend on a rod and reel combo what would it be? $100 rod and $200 reel or any combination of the two. I usually tend to lean towards Shimano reels but Penn has been making some nice stuff lately.
Quantum Cabo Reel for around $200 will leave you plenty left to get a decent rod.
BARRELL