Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Striped Bass Weight and Length Charts - redone :-)

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Instead of the same old photocopies, pirated, and outdate weight and lengths chart you can find all over the internet, a couple years ago, we gathered the weights and lengths from almost 2,000 striped bass and put together our own charts -

Striped Bass Weight and Lenghts

Times change, fish and diets change, it was time for a fresh series of charts smile.gif I've been collecting weights and lengths for the past couple seasons, but there's more than twice as many members here as there were then - so I think it's time we put these charts back into view smile.gif

Whadda yah think?

Also, if you have any weights and lengths, feel free to email them to me at tims@stripersonline.com so they can be included in the next update icon14.gif

TimS

Um Tim, all those weights seem to be off. Most of my fish when weighed by my trained eyes are at least 5-10 lbs heavier. Double check ya figures would ya. wink.gif

Nice chart. smile.gificon14.gif

Ant

Todays bass are generally way down on the classic tables published by the likes of Karras et al. Predator prey relationship is screwed up by the lack of bunker once the factory ships (reduction boats) get done.

Steve

Um... is there something easier to read? Oh and Tim did you get my PM about the order?

Which part of the charts did you find difficult to read? If it's the quality of the actual images, I'm working on new ones but would like to get a lot more data to use in the new charts. Sorta two birds/one stone kinda thing wink.gif

As to your PM, I probably got it but haven't checked my PMs today yet. I'll check them now.

TimS