Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitter

Respectfully Low Balling Sellers

22 posts in this topic

Just think its funny.

A seller puts up some great stuff with very fair prices and invariably they get ...

I respectfully offer you much less than you are asking... How is that in any way respectful?

Carry on

Just think its funny.

A seller puts up some great stuff with very fair prices and invariably they get ...

I respectfully offer you much less than you are asking... How is that in any way respectful?

Carry on

don't get mad at it, just know that when they say "respectfully" = I know I am lowballing you and and am willing to admit it

It really doesn't hurt to ask does it? Nothing is REALLY set in stone. All the seller has to do is say no. Not very hard. Members here I have noticed are almost always very respectful.

It really doesn't hurt to ask does it? Nothing is REALLY set in stone. All the seller has to do is say no. Not very hard. Members here I have noticed are almost always very respectful.

Secret of life is to ask so I agree. I did say funny and that some offers are so low they are not respectful.

That being said I love SOL and think the BST forums are a wonderful component of this site. I also agree that most everyone is very respectful or otherwise they would be tossed.

Very true Fish Bucket.

There are items where the seller has listed plugs for much higher prices then they are worth. Maybe they don't know or a shot in the dark for more $?

if price asked is too high a fair offer is sometimes considered low balling when it's not really

But when the guy is injured or unemployed and selling tackle at half its value to pay his bills, and someone "respectfully" offers $4 less than asking price, then says $2 less is the "best I can do on that $200 item"... that's when it gets a bit silly.

sol's b/s/t forum is great!

there will always be some minor tiddlywinks but that's true of all the forums..

sometimes it's just best to ignore the extreme low ballers........

that some offers are so low they are not respectful.

So, should someone be appointed to be the arbiter of a "respectful" offer?

Many people, perhaps including myself, feel what we have is worth more as we value it more, so we ask for more. If there were no offers, "lowball" and otherwise, little would sell in this forum. When offers are made it's often for reasons such as a) no one has bought the items for the asking price, b) the item is over priced or c) a buyer person only has x amount of money to spend and as offer is just that, an offer. If the seller does not want it they should "respectfully" decline. Remember, their item also got a free bump. I am not one who feels any offer from another forum member should just be ignored. That is not respectful at all!!

So I just clicked on a few threads in the "want to sell and it amazes me the nickel and diming that some people do on the BST. If you cant afford an extra $2 or $3 for a plug then in my eyes you shouldn't be buying the plug. Just my 2 cents.