Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
letro699

St croix Mojo vs Avid surf 11' 3-8oz

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hi fellas can u help me out trying to chose between St croix Mojo or Avid surf 11' 3-8oz will be using for large popper and occasional chunk ... What's the Sweet spot on these and your experience with either....

The Avid is a great deal at it's current price , some find everything outrageously priced lol.

I am with you on this, great rod (for me at least). Some have been sold on the BST forum at very good prices at times.

I love the feel os the St. Croix but I have been having some trouble with casting the 8'. I think it might just be because it isnt an 11' so if wont cast as far. But for plugging......... I havent felt a better rod (granted Ive never tried the Avid either). If you get the mojo for plugging you wont be dissapointed, just make sure you get the 11', will probably cazt alot better.

The Avid is a great l at it's current price , some find everything outrageously priced lol.

Cnnashman how would the avid do against the legend 11' 3-8oz ... am looking for this rod for more heaver plugs and occasionally bait 3-6oz range gonna have a century s2 built for the lighter stuff..

Cnnashman how would the avid do against the legend 11' 3-8oz ... am looking for this rod for more heaver plugs and occasionally bait 3-6oz range gonna have a century s2 built for the lighter stuff..

Legend 3-8 is definitely softer and more moderate , Avid is stiffer and faster action if you like that , i personally like a stiffer rod for throwing heavier stuff but if your throwing delicate baits you got to be careful when casting the faster rods or your payload will hit the water with nothing on the hook lol.

Some people like more moderate rods for plugging and some don't , you need to know what you prefer , there is no rod that has every perfect attribute , tradeoff's are always a part of the equation.