Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

fish well over the world record 53 inch mark caught and released "just a picture" would you let it go

Rate this topic

138 posts in this topic

my friend sent me his video from 5/11 that he landed 3 fish on a single hook enjoy, watch the net break!! thanks for your video Phil

nice, I really miss the spring run on the ct river...that was always one of my favorite times of year/ways to fish....the spring striper and pike bite was a blast.

Are we saying 53" is the longest bass ever?

Or that the newest world record was only 53"?

I helped a guy, Bob Eastwood- the golfer, C&R a 55" bass from a charter boat back in the 90s.

Are we saying 53" is the longest bass ever?

Or that the newest world record was only 53"?

I helped a guy, Bob Eastwood- the golfer, C&R a 55" bass from a charter boat back in the 90s.

the fish in the pic is just over 58 inches, just curious what is the largest you have heard of this year so far in MA we had a 64 lb fish 52 inches

Edited by codfish

1 hour ago, codfish said:

Acsurf so all fish over 35 inches must be released at Block Island??

...going to be a lot of dead floaters out at SW Corner this coming year....slot limits are NOT the way to go......

Oh no boys-  me personally, I catch a big girl I let her go.  But if she is healthy,  over 40 lbs  why keep her?  Need food for your family, then ok. I think we all agree a smaller fish tastes better. tThat 

big old girl may be responsible for 3-5 million eggs.   As for the slot idea, I’m not sure what’s best.  I fish mostly NJ beaches and from what I’ve seen this year, the number of catches has been decent, but the size has not been. Looked back the last few months, a keeper is 28” NJ,  I think I counted a few over 28 and just barely.   Caught decent fish by boat (15-30 lbs)and have seen bigger fish beyond 3 mile mark.  Something is off here. 

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

RI has not come out with it proposed regs yet. Anything is possible.

Charter fleet is going to push conservation equivalency, i.e., Block Island effect, which is a good idea if they keep it at 34" or better for the charter fleet...less big fish needing to be released to die......

2 hours ago, makaha said:

Charter fleet is going to push conservation equivalency, i.e., Block Island effect, which is a good idea if they keep it at 34" or better for the charter fleet...less big fish needing to be released to die......

I can't imagine how 1 fish over 34 inches would be the conservational equivalent of 1 fish between 28 and 34 inches. If it's just fo the party boat fleet they'll have to cut back further on the non-charter fleet and surfcasters. I don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

I can't imagine how 1 fish over 34 inches would be the conservational equivalent of 1 fish between 28 and 34 inches. If it's just fo the party boat fleet they'll have to cut back further on the non-charter fleet and surfcasters. I don't see it happening.

May opt to go to adjusted season, i.e., limit days when they can fish for bass. then they don't need to fish the N Rip in May for little fish, dragging wire...same in the late fall....