Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rowdy

Experienced NJ deckhand moving to florida..

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

been in the business since 15 years old. commercial, party, charter, inshore, offshore, on land guiding, Fresh and Salt Fly.

moving to Port Richey area. putting some feelers out for work in the area. if anyone is looking for a deck hand, mate, guide in that area let me know.

Rory

Starting out in new port Richey. Then branching out from there. Finding some work is key to me heading down. I will keep destin in mind when I get down there. Thanks

You might try the Viking Fleet in Madeira Beach (Hubbard's Marina) or Two Georges out of Tarpon Springs, in Summer months not much going on as Just To Dxxx hot and most run half day charters, the panhandle in summer lot of action, in winter a real slow down change of pace, even spits snow now and then and southwest takes over, Nothing in Line of party Boats above Spring Hill to Perry that I know of.

As stated lot of Pier fishing in P Cola, and P City, King/ Cobia /Spanish being caught right now.

Below Port Ritchie in winter a zoo with all the Blue Hairs returning from up North, go on line for St Pete Times or Tampa Tribunes, summer work Commercial Lawn //Golf Course, normally Home Depot//Lowes part time while searching ,cost of Housing going to be cheaper in Hudson,

Good Luck in search Al

Fishing sucks now days unless you are into total catch and release. If you intend to keep fish, better have the book updated and handy. The FWC does not believe in catch and release of violators.

If you are from NJ, you will feel right at home. About everybody in Port Richey is from there. They came down and brought their pollution with them. Pasco County (the county Port Richey is located in) has more Super Fund sites than any county in the state. It is kinda like NJ in that respect.

Capt Ken you been up to Rock Hammock Rod and Gun club or up Hwy 19 at Otter Creek drinking that funny water, fishing suck, super fund, *** you must have fallen down and hit head on the dock, most of snow birds now are retired union workers from Detroit if I see many more cars from MI I think I am going to puke.

How old are you now, i am worried about you, think you can find your way to AJ's I will buy coffee