Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caranx

www.caranx.net

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Well guys, I did it...I was thinking about it for a long time already and finally after few weeks of struggle with Front Page I've been able to put my web page on the internet.

It is solely dedicated to saltwater fishing with artificial lures, and in my mind it will be a sort of magazine that will be updated on a monthly basis, this is why today is still quite poor. It's tiny and humble but hey, is my web page and I did it myself, me, the computer donkey....

Check it out if you like to

www.caranx.net

Ciao

Caranx smile.gif

PS - TimS, I hope you don't mind me posting this one, I aint' no big competitor I guess wink.gif

------------------

disegno_crevalle02.jpg

Nice site and good links to a variety of places . But I dont speak Spanish or Italian anymore .

Ich sprechen bissen deutsch das tag . wink.gif

[This message has been edited by chris L (edited 01-04-2002).]

Caranx,

Looks good. Nice layout, and you didn't make the "beginners mistake" of too many automated gifs. They make web sites look like the Vegas strip.

And even though you used Front Page, the layout looks good through Netscape. That doesn't usually work out that way.

I have one small tip for you (the software tester is coming out in me). When you make changes/updates to the web site, test your changes on as many different browsers/versions (IE5.0, IE5.5, Netscape 4.7, Netscape 6.x, etc...) that you can. You would be suprised how different things can look inthe different browsers. Especially with Front Page.

------------------

John B

mako7@monmouth.com

Thanks for your comments señores, I apreciate. John B, also my friend at Seaspin suggested me to do the same but I don't have any netscape yet, so I will have to download one and give it a try.

Thanks for the hints though.

Ciao

Caranx smile.gif

------------------

disegno_crevalle02.jpg

Hybrid, if you enter in the www.seaspin.com page you will see that it shows 3 links to an italian a spanish (mine) and an english page. The italian and the spanish are working, the english one isn't yet because we'll need to find either translations for our articles or new material. We're working on it, somehow is a pretty ambitious project and I hope it will develope nicely.

Ciao

Caranx

------------------

disegno_crevalle_caranx.jpg

Took a peak at your site, are you also working with medflyfish ?

If you ever need something on flyfishing for jacks I would be willing to contribute some stuff if you want. I don't speak a word of spanish or italian for that fact but you can surely translate it.

Did you go fishing with John Kumiski ?

I fished once with him in the Mosquito lagoon. When I looked at your article I saw a Ford windstar van, is he still driving with that ? I guess he traded his kayak and jonboat in for a real flats boat.

When I went fishing with him we where on the lagoon and on the Sebastian river during adverse conditions. He caught a big black drum on the fly and I a saltwater flyfishing virus.

[This message has been edited by Marcel_Karssies (edited 01-06-2002).]

Medflyfish is somehow related with seaspin.com the italian web page. Flyfishing so far is not in the pipeline, I don't know anything about it and unless one of my good flyfishing friends jump on the train I won't be able to do it. Thanks for your offer though, I'll take it into consideration if something comes up.

Yes I fished with John, nice guy/guide. He already had a Dolphin skiff when I was with him, I think he now owns a Hewes...not sure about it. Check his web though www.spottedtail.com

Ciao

Caranx smile.gif

Took a peak at your site, are you also working with medflyfish ?

If you ever need something on flyfishing for jacks I would be willing to contribute some stuff if you want. I don't speak a word of spanish or italian for that fact but you can surely translate it.

Did you go fishing with John Kumiski ?

I fished once with him in the Mosquito lagoon. When I looked at your article I saw a Ford windstar van, is he still driving with that ? I guess he traded his kayak and jonboat in for a real flats boat.

When I went fishing with him we where on the lagoon and on the Sebastian river during adverse conditions. He caught a big black drum on the fly and I a saltwater flyfishing virus.

[This message has been edited by Marcel_Karssies (edited 01-06-2002).]

------------------

disegno_crevalle_caranx.jpg