Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueChip

South Kingston this weekend

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Heading to south Kingston, RI this weekend to a friends beach house. Worth giving it a few casts at dusk/dawn from the beach? If so, what should I be chucking? Thanks in advance.

Chris

chris most people are using small jigs and shads....egg and jigs....a lot of the first stripers are small fish.......we don't generally bait fish for them...but yes theres a wall at the end of a beach that's east of south Kingston beach...I can't remember the name of this wall but its a grand wall, long and strong..it protects the west side of the harbor of refuge...:D

chris most people are using small jigs and shads....egg and jigs....a lot of the first stripers are small fish.......we don't generally bait fish for them...but yes theres a wall at the end of a beach that's east of south Kingston beach...I can't remember the name of this wall but its a grand wall, long and strong..it protects the west side of the harbor of refuge...:D

Great Wall of China. :idea:

-bd

if you wanna throw bait I would throw a blood worm schoolies love em . Tough to find but they work , up and down rte 1 . But you'll catch just as many with plastics n jigs if they are around . Good luck .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post

Thank you (well most of you)

Just looking to wet a line, hooking a fish will just be a bonus

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkDaDawg View Post

if you wanna throw bait I would throw a blood worm schoolies love em . Tough to find but they work , up and down rte 1 . But you'll catch just as many with plastics n jigs if they are around . Good luck .

+1 on the blood worms. Theres other fish native to the area that also love bloodworms, so if there's no stripers about, you might at least catch something.

In all honesty the fishing is awful right now. The migrating fish have not made it here and the holdovers are tough to find. I would say 2 more weeks till the fishing is consistent. Good luck.