Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chipwood

What's up with the Religious Stuff popping Up?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Why are all these religious things popping up on the site and some threads? That's all you hear these days on the radio, TV and the media. Is it the Mel Gibson movie thing or is George Bush just brainwashing some people into the Religious Right thing. I just want to fish man. I'm spiritual and everything but if I want to talk about God I'll go to Church.

They are a threat when they influence people in their decisions on things like CIVIL RIGHTS and their rights to be married like any other person, Yes they are people too. As for the RAP culture, I don't think that's a positive thing either but who am I to tell someone what they can do. Look I'm a heterosexual married male who likes to fish and laugh at a good joke and drink a good beer and that'll be the day that I let someone whether they are a Right Wing Religious Booster or a oversized pants wearing hiphop dude tell me what I can and can't do. I'm for people beleiving in God just don't tell me to beleive in HIM

I'm for people beleiving in God just don't tell me to beleive in HIM

One more time smile.gif Just in case we didn't cover it in the threads yesterday HappyWave.gif

1. No one is telling you to believe in God...it's your personal choice and that's how God intended it.

2. None of these threads are "religious" threads - members here asked a question about a banner that is showing - and as I promised 5 years ago, I'd answer any respectfully asked, relevant question. Another thread was started by someone referring to the first amendment to tell us what sort of posts we shouldn't allow wink.gif

Why is it as soon as someone sees a thread who's title even makes them think God is mentioned in the thread, they don't even read it before saying it shouldn't be here? cwm13.gif

Cause if you read even the beginning of the two "religious" threads from yesterday, you'd know how/why they got here wink.gif

Respectfully, not forcefully, your brother in Christ - TimS

HappyWave.gif

[ 03-17-2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: TimS ]

Oh no..... not again! cwm33.gif

This belongs over in the tavern.

thats the problem!! not only does THIS belong there, but a LOT of these posts belong in the tavern. I thought thats what it was made for cwm13.gif . take a look at some of the posts currently running right now in the main forum:

1) happy st paddys day

2) Steve is doing good

3) Ya know...

etc etc

say what you want, just try to put it in the right forum.

catch my drift?

I, for one, would like to see all non fishing posts moved to the tavern. some post "nonfishing" threads unintentionally, but others should know better.

I, for one, would like to see all non fishing posts moved to the tavern. some post "nonfishing" threads unintentionally, but others should know better.

Thank you Johnny, your vote is duly counted as one, noted and filed in regards to this matter smile.gif

I'll agree on the St. Paddy's threads - they have nothing to do with the site or with fishing and would be best in the Tavern.

As to the Steve thread, that's site related and more than welcome in this forum or the Tavern.

The "Ya know" thread, if you read it, is fishing related and likewise equally welcome in this forum.

And this thread is site related and welcome in this forum smile.gif

I give yah my word, I'll continue to do my best to keep this forum for website related or fishing related threads only - and you promise to understand when one slips by that it's much easier for you to not read that thread than it is for me to either explain it's appropriateness or for me to move the thread HappyWave.gif It's a human and imperfect world we live in...but know that we do our best around here smile.gif

TimS

well I did not mean to come off like that if you took it the wrong way. Tim I wasn't trying to get on your case or anything. smile.gif I realize how hard it is to run one of these forums eek.gif (know a guys who has one, and not nearly as big as this). Im just trying to give a heads up to other guys so they can help do their part in an effort to keep things on track and in the right area. if people cooperate, then it would be less work for you and the other mods

keep up the good work icon14.gif

pretty selfish johnny. consider you didint bother to read or even skim the threads you reference above. thats just ignant. then suggest tim, a busy humble dude, police every thread so you dont go get all upset?? now you are making me upset. i think you should be moved to the tavern

Please understand that Otter is smilie "mute" cwm13.gif Otherwise he woulda finished that post off with a tongue.gif or a wink.gif

No hard feelings Johnny, I'm sorta on the edge with all sorta web stuff right now. Anyone know where I can get a clown suit and directions to a clock tower? cwm13.gif

wink.gif

TimS