Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fungooli

Questions # 2 +3

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Ok, think I got it down now and just about all ready for the Surf except forthe Bird facts and these last 2 ??.

I have this small stone with a grove for sharpenning hooks. Seems to work OK but wondering what you experts feel is the best tool or way to sharpen em up.

Now this one is so stupid, I'm embarrassed to even ask so I tried to sneak it in here. From advice I gathered here, I went out and grabbed me an Avet SX and 6500 CS Mag Elite. Loaded em up with some Stren Super Braid using the medical tape method. Now the level wind is pretty obvious on the 6500, but the Avet, (and here comes the stupid part, remember, I'm new to convetionals, that's why I'm here), has this bar in the area where the level wind is. Heheh, does the line go over or under that bar? Sorry.

The Luhr Jensen file that Tim sells here in the online store is the best I've used. It's got a permanent spot in my chest pocket. While you're at it, pick up a matching Holdz-it sheath to keep it from rusting.

Fungooli,

What are you using yor Avet for? If you are going to use it to cast you will need to place magnets in it. I've been throwing conventionals for 20 years and it's a slick spool. I will be magging mine before spring.

Mike, The guy at shop I bought it from, magged it for me as he uses the SX too. He put 2 mags in and said if it was too slow to pull one, shoul be ok while I learn. Got it hooked up to a Lami Surf King, SK 11MHC and was figuring it would be one of my 8+baits. Figure I'll use the 6500 with the XCRA 1322 (half price demo from Ebay) for some of them nice plugs you sold me.