Any good reports?

Rate this topic

Justinfish

What's the word gentlemen...any fish in this big surf?  I spent a couple of hours at the beach last night, but it would have been ..*obtrusive* to bring a rod out at the cookout I was at.  I managed to get an hour in from shore at the mid-day low tide, but didn't have any luck where I had been catching them all week.

Edited by ljschroe

I know more than a few who're gonna try and find out. RI fishermen tend to run towards big water. Massholes tend to run away from it. :p  I'm running towards it this afternoon, but I dunno if I have the cojones for Tues into Wed.

-bd

Pfantum Pfishah

It's very tempting.  I used to run toward big surf as a young man. 

That was for big bass. Truthfully,  it panned out about half the time. 

The other half was getting pounded reeling in weeds while risking your life for nuttin.

Nowadays I find the pounding and soaking tiresome and I'd rather fish for albies.

Albies can be good in snotty weather so long as the water stays clear. Suspended sand drives em far away.

Thinking I could beat the storm, I went for albies friday to a popular large shore structure. The first four hours of the day were a loss for the eel grass the SW breeze packed in.

No fish showed but a few were caught blind casting on flies.

I think the single hook flies caught less weed. I only had trebles and was rare for weed free cast.

One small blue kept away the skunk but disappointed to use one of my rare days for naught 

Kind of a bittersweet trip for me, beside getting no shots at albies, I wilted that evening after my all-nighter.

I used to be able to fish all night, half the next day, drive 2 hours home and still be able to perform any further duties required. 

I was lucky I made it home at all. Was useless for the evening. 

Sucks getting old.